Head of Infrastructure at Level (Remote)
At Level, we believe using your benefits should be as easy as buying a cup of coffee. We’re unlocking the full value of compensation by rebuilding benefits as a simple payments experience — fast, flexible, and transparent. Our mission is to empower people to build better financial futures, and we’re accomplishing that by transforming the status quo of benefits.
Level is a B2B2C fintech company comprised of a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Google, Uber, and Airbnb. Together, we’re creating a new payments tech stack to help employers offer more accessible and personalized benefits for their teams — and this is just the beginning.
At Level, collaboration is our superpower. By leveraging each other’s strengths and curiosity, we’ve been able to build a best-in-class product, culture, and business. Plus, our employee benefits are so awesome that we let our customers buy them too.
What You'll Do:
- Lead Level's infrastructure engineering strategy.
- Work with engineering leaders to lead our Infrastructure and Cloud Operations teams focused on ensuring the availability, performance, scalability and security of our high-volume platform.
- Lead our DevOps strategic programs, guide execution and handle many tasks simultaneously with efficiency.
- Lead infrastructure vision, be able to translate that into execution plans, maintaining consistency with larger organizational goals.
- Mentor engineers and engineering leads on their technical skills, strategy, collaboration and leadership so they can actualize their career goals.
- Collaborate with other partners like security, sales and customer success in the company for our product direction and execution.
- Implement processes that inspire efficiency and quality.
- Help grow Level and scale the team.
- Facilitate engineering culture with retrospectives, postmortems, lunch and learn meetings, and coding standards.
Who You Are:
- Passion for customers, technology and great products.
- Experience leading infrastructure or SRE teams at a company with engineering-driven culture with an emphasis on security.
- Expertise in system architecture with an emphasis on designing secure, available, fault tolerant systems.
- Success in being an advocate for change, with a vision to transform internal systems and operations to support our business.
- Work with teams and collaborate with all members of the organization to establish and achieve holistic business and technical goals.
- Cloud operations leader with AWS experience with Azure or Google Cloud.
- Experience with an automation first approach to solve for scalability and a security first mindset.
- Outcome inspired leader who can establish and meet goals and service level agreements to improve the performance of our cloud operations.
- Enjoy helping other engineers develop their craft and skills.
- Experience with at least one programming language, configuration management systems (Terraform, Pulumi, Ansible, Puppet, Chef), container management systems (Kubernetes, Mesos), and major cloud infrastructure ecosystems (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Knowledge of industry best practices and a passion for learning to lead the creation of roadmaps, outlining the technology strategy and the investments in infrastructure to promote Level's strategic plans.
- Experience delivering large-scale cloud-native product operations and leadership.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first, with an office in NYC as an option to come in
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible paid time off: take the time you need when you need it! Plus, get up to 10 days of paid sick leave per year
- Fully paid parental leave: up to 14 weeks for primary and 8 weeks for secondary caregivers
- Food, wellness, and office funds via our own Level product
- Quarterly company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
- Have the chance to work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of benefits and payments
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program:
- E-Verify Notice (bilingual)
- Right to Work Notice (English) / (Spanish)