Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for a Head of Global Deployment and Service to join our Manufacturing team based in Palo Alto, California. The role will manage our service centers worldwide to support seamless Global Operations deployment and day to day fleet sustaining activities.
What You’ll Do:
As the Head of Global Deployment and Service Management, you will ensure deployment and service operations are designed, planned, implemented and improved in line with our fast growing business needs around the world.
- You will manage distribution and service centers across all regions to ensure the consistent deployment and service of our small unmanned aircraft fleet, accessories, tools, processes and technologies for effective business operation and continuous expansion
- You will be responsible for the preparation and build up the new service centers with full oversight of deployment and maintenance processes, embodying regulatory and professional standards as the business grows
- You will ensure the coherent and effective management of our deployment process, systems and people for our day to day business, and you will be responsible to set up and manage the reverse logistics to ensure we are able to make the best use of our existing and retired fleet through repair, rework or refurbishment process
- You will manage the overall cost forecasting, control and continuously seek cost improvement opportunities
- You will be responsible for forward and reverse logistics, repair, rework and EOL disposition for aged assets across various geographies consistent with the local laws
- You will need to work with closely with regulatory agencies ( e.g. FAA, CASA, EASA) to develop and secure approvals for production and maintenance activities performed in the respective jurisdictions
- You will be responsible for the leadership of the Global Deployment and Service team and will recruit, lead, motivate and manage the performance of the team members, building a strong team which are capable of delivering the required results
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor degree or above in the area of engineering or technical product operations
- 10+ year industry experience at the area of service center operation, deployment and reverse logistics for consumer electronics, automotive or aerospace products
- The ability to lead and grow the organization, develop strategic plans with cross functional leads to meet the business need
- Proven record of building and managing an effective global team in a fast pace environment
- Ability to influence the cross functional teams to achieve the business goals in an efficient and effective manner
- Proven skills and judgement to quickly evaluate complex issues and identify multiple options for resolution
- Experience of working with and supporting unmanned aircraft systems
- Experience of working with regulatory agencies such as FAA to develop procedures and documentation required to achieve the required certification for service operations especially related to unmanned aircraft system