Next Insurance is a fast-growing startup based in Silicon Valley that is led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs with a history of successful outcomes. Our mission is to transform insurance for small businesses by combining world-class technology and phenomenal customer service to offer better insurance at a lower price. As the leading digital insurtech company transforming small business insurance, we just announced a $250 million new funding round, bringing the company’s valuation to $4 billion and total funding raised to more than $880 million!
Next Insurance is looking for explorers who are filled with curiosity, have the desire to travel the unbeaten path, and realize new heights in providing small business owners with the peace of mind to run their businesses. If you move fast, and are customer-focused and willing to challenge the status quo, Next Insurance might just be your next journey.
Next Insurance is looking for a Head of Facilities & Office Operations to join our Palo Alto team to lead all aspects of the day-to-day operations in our US offices. We are looking for a person who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is able to prioritize and execute quickly, and able to collaborate with all levels of the organization. You should be able to internalize the company’s culture and growth plans and drive implementation accordingly.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee the day to day operations of all US offices (Palo Alto HQ, Austin, Rochester, Boston, and a few remote locations)
- Lead new office launches by managing contracting, external vendor management, through execution and office opening
- Be the strategic facilities leader for NEXT’s growth and expansion into new offices and geographies
- Be a strategic thought-partner on cultivating a new, innovative model of office work by working closely with the People Leadership team
- Lead a team of high-performing office and facilities professionals to create a seamless, joyful office experience for all NEXTers:
- Manage the office food and snacks program as well as office operations (electricity, internet, maintenance, etc)
- Environment, health and safety management; including compliance with city and state ordinances
- Oversee office vendors including maintenance, IT and janitorial
- Space management including seating, planning and facilitating office moves
- Support with company-wide event coordination and planning
- Manage the office coordinator/reception
- Manage, track and report on operational expenditures related to the sites
- Cultivate a vibrant Next office culture that is dynamic, inclusive and values-focused
- Work with our People/Design Team to ensure our messaging is synced and on point
What We Need:
- 7+ years experience leading facilities at a hyper-growth company
- Experience in negotiating contracts for facilities services
- Problem solver with good organizational skills
- A multi-tasking wizard
- Multi-state office management experience
- Customer-service orientation
- Periodic travel to US office locations
- Experience leading and scaling office and facilities teams
- Bachelors degree
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.