Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team:
Since Opendoor first started operating in 2014, we’ve learned a lot about buying, managing, and selling real estate. The Enterprise unit within Opendoor offers our technology and processes to institutional single-family-home investment partners. As the brokerage leader on the team, you’ll be responsible for growing our brokerage footprint that allows us to offer our tools and services to our institutional partners in more places on the map.
You'll work closely with our Homebase leadership team building and executing brokerage strategy; supporting the brokerage activities of the Enterprise team and its key customers (single-family home investment funds). You will be directly responsible for advising the Enterprise team on brokerage operations and process improvement initiatives nationwide. You will advise, lead and inspire a passionate team of brokers focused on growth, compliance, support, and training of our broader Enterprise Sales & Support teams that deliver outstanding customer/client experiences and support the varied Homebase product offerings. This role is highly collaborative; you will interact with all areas of the Enterprise business unit from leadership, Sales & Support, engineering and legal. You aren’t new to running a national team of brokers, so we’ll rely on your past experience, designated broker licenses and relationships to lead the way to successfully lead a team and launch a national product.
- Hire and manage a national team of brokers for our Enterprise division. You’ll own the creation of the teams’ objectives and key responsibilities, manage them to goals, and drive a culture that aligns with our company values.
- Provide excellent advice and expertise to the Homebase team in pursuit of new and delightful customer experiences. You’ll work with your team to build and implement processes that inspire trust, across different stakeholders and earn an enduring seat at the table.
- Partner with the Sales & Support and Operations leaders on the day to day, including formulating new processes, reviewing existing processes, advising and ensuring brokerage compliant processes for maximum effectiveness and efficiency while building a scalable and compliant product.
- You will work with growth and product teams to roll out new products and features (e.g., Direct Seller) as well as iterate and improve products, tools and offerings.
- Own brokerage compliance across local Associations and DRE across the country.
- Partner cross-functionally with Enterprise leaders to continually evolve and enhance the key partner experience and interface with our key partners (institutional single family home investors) as needed.
- Assist with customer/broker escalations as necessary - you are a creative and enthusiastic partner throughout the business from the leadership team to the operator with a customer escalation.
- Maintain licenses across multiple markets & states, using reciprocity amongst your team to cover most of the US.
- At least 10+ years of experience in real estate brokerage; experience working with real estate investors is a plus
- At least 2+ years of experience running a business or business unit
- Creative problem-solving abilities, and a proven track record of thinking “outside the box” to solve complicated and multi-faceted problems
- Quantitative and data-driven; able to draw insights from data, but also to make decisions based on imperfect data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to listen, simplify, and tailor advice to specific stakeholders with a proven ability to influence
- Experience leading a cross-functional team, including working closely with operators
- Experience working and leading a team of 10+ in a high-growth company
- Demonstrated leadership abilities - capable of motivating and inspiring a team
- Customer-obsessed and dedicated to continually elevating our experience standards
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness
Read Full Job Description