Hardware Support Specialist at FLASH (Austin, TX)
| Austin, TX
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:38 p.m. (CST) on Monday, December 6, 2021
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
FLASH is seeking a Hardware Support Technician to be responsible for configuring, and supporting the FLASH onsite products, including kiosks, kiosk components, gates, and other hardware product offerings. The position will be client facing, supporting products remotely with excellent customer service.
What You'll Do:
- Configure and install hardware, software and drivers
- Maintain and repair technological equipment (e.g. tablet or small form factor PCs) or peripheral devices
- Troubleshoot LAN/WAN and other networks for connectivity, managing components (managed gateways, cellular modems, switches, routers, etc.)
- Perform software upgrades as requested, managing both business standard and proprietary software
- Address/resolve basic and complex incidents and requests; enter quality information into tickets and appropriately capture data; Complete follow-up and follow-through on all tickets
- Contribute to ensuring client self-help knowledge; documenting typical requests and incidents, resolutions, and work-around procedures
- Identifies, evaluates, promotes, and implements customer support best practices
What You Have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 1+ years client facing technical support
- Experience with troubleshooting methodologies and quality testing
- Prior help desk experience required
- Thorough knowledge of Windows PC environments and associated components
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN networks
- Ability to work diligently and utilize problem-solving to fix issues and ensure functionality.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language in a business environment.
- Comfortable with working autonomously and self-motivating
- Relevant certifications (e.g. CompTIA A+) will be an advantage
Read Full Job Description