Hardware Operations Manager at MachineMetrics, Inc. (Baltimore, MD)
MachineMetrics was founded by a small group of software and manufacturing professionals that couldn't sit still and are obsessed with making an incredible product. MachineMetrics has simplified Industrial IoT to digitize the shop floor and enable teams to drive decisions with machine data.
Our industry 4.0-ready solutions work out-of-the-box to increase productivity through edge connectivity, real-time visibility, deep manufacturing analytics, and AI-driven predictive capabilities. Together, we can deliver on our commitment to provide continuous improvement for our clients.
The Customer Success and Integration team is responsible for making sure that our customers get the MOST and the BEST out of our product. There is significant opportunity in this position to design best practices that impact the entire company. We welcome people with all industry backgrounds: automotive, mechanical engineering, electrical, heavy equipment to name a few. Are you ready to learn more?
As a growing startup, we are seeking an individual who displays the attitude, aptitude, and amplitude to not only get the job done but grow within the company.
Ideally, you’re the kind of person that enjoys working independently and with other teams.
What You’ll Do:
The Hardware Operations Manager is primarily responsible for managing hardware, driving continuous improvement of our supply chain, as well as owning all projects related to hardware to achieve strategic business goals and objectives.
You will focus on research and development of our hardware supply chain, continuously improve our hardware online store, manage strategic vendor accounts, create processes and systems to drive efficiency, and work across teams to align with business objectives.
- Develop our supply chain strategy for improved forecasting, using data to drive your decisions
- Own the processes around hardware logistics, automation, and visibility
- Manage the MachineMetrics Hardware Shop; solidify the hardware ordering process
- Improve the customer experience around hardware- work across teams to develop additional educational materials, improve shipping standards and communication to customers, etc.
- Identify and implement strategic ways of providing visibility into the hardware shipping process so Sales and Customer teams know where a customer is within the hardware journey
- Develop an efficient system for processing hardware orders and customer communications
- Oversee the management and provisioning of inventory of all integration hardware. Ensure enough hardware is available to support the sales pipeline.
- Source, research, and maintain relationships with hardware and service partners to ensure competitive pricing, quality, and reliability
- Ensure MachineMetrics’ products are configured and implemented according to customers’ legal and technical requirements
- Ensure projects and deliverables are completed in a timely manner and according to specifications set within the hardware time study
- Train new hires on the standard operating procedures with regards to hardware provisioning and setup
- Oversee and ensure that project invoice items are communicated to Accounts Receivable in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot hardware/software connectivity issues and make recommendations as necessary
- Work closely with Customer Success Department to assist with troubleshooting or assisted integrations
- Partner with the Software development team to push security patches, firmware updates as necessary to Edge devices, tablets and other equipment
- Collaborate with product documentation team on internal and customer-facing documentation