Group Support Manager, Jira Service Management at Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney to Bengaluru and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart.
Customer Support & Services
Atlassian has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CSS organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer support to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide amazing products and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
And we are looking for
We are looking for an intellectually curious, customer-centric leader who has a demonstrated track record in building teams through effective and strong leadership and has empowered people to help customers succeed. As a Group Manager, you will be focused on managing deliverables across Americas (East & West) region. The leader will own support deliverables and people metrics with an org size of 40+ employees (and growing) including partners. You will work with other Group Managers or Regional Managers worldwide in developing operational processes, driving alignment to deliver business results and customer impact, positively.
You will lead Technical Support Managers and Escalations Managers, as well as operations staff and own coaching, people development, retention and growth. Also responsible for hiring new talents. This role will also demand regular interaction with Senior Leadership within the function and cross-functionally. You will be required to influence business decisions using data, and strong judgments. Importantly, this role will require the leader to have the ability to effectively articulate ideas/proposals in a written format with the necessary data to support.
In this role, you will represent Atlassian to our customers and will work directly with our most relevant internal groups to drive change that enhances the customer experience. You will act as the voice of the customer to internal audiences such as the Atlassian Engineering Group, leveraging the culture of customer centricity at Atlassian to unleash the potential of every team.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Nurture the Atlassian culture in the team, fulfilling the Values, Role, and Team expectations
- Define and implement support strategy to improve customer experience, scale the team, develop talent, balance cost and coverage
- Present strategy, key insights, financial/non-financial achievements, monthly/quarterly progress updates to leadership in a compelling manner
- Coach and develop strong leadership capabilities and a continuous improvement mindset to your directs and their teams
- Inspire and motivate support leadership and support engineers to be the best they can be
- Develop an environment and culture of legendary support throughout the Cloud support team
- Analyze operational metrics to determine strategic wins and drive improvements that will increase value for Cloud customers
- Collaborate with key partners (Cloud product leadership, Support & Success leadership, etc) to drive visibility of cloud support customer needs and ensure multi-functional and cross-geo collaboration
- Help drive Product, Technology and Process improvements.
- Customer Centricity
- Business Acumen / Strategic thinking
- Change management, adaptability, and flexibility
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience: 15+ years in fast-growing global support operations, serving a complex customer base with exposure working with diverse cultures.
- English language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking
At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .