Group Event Director (Remote) at Informa
There's no such thing as a typical Informa colleague…And that's how we like it. We're a diverse Group, with over 10,000 colleagues working in many different roles in one of six Divisions and in over 30 countries. Each of us brings something different, a unique set of abilities, experience and knowledge. It’s what makes us who we are.
All our businesses and offices share a culture based on respect and inclusiveness, and a working environment that is enjoyable, stimulating, rewarding and supportive for colleagues. One that enables everyone to fully participate in the life of the Group and its ongoing, sustainable growth.
As a division of Informa, a FTSE 100 company, Informa Markets provides customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through live, virtual and hybrid events, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions.
People are at the heart of Informa Markets. Our business thrives on the passion and entrepreneurship of our 4,000+ colleagues, who deliver over 500 international events and brands in more than 40 countries across the globe.
Using our industry insight, comprehensive portfolio of markets, content and digital resources, we are passionate about creating platforms for our customers to connect and shaping environments that enable businesses to flourish.Job Description
The Group Event Director’s role is to strategically build and develop their live and virtual event portfolios, drive the tactical implementation of these strategies with their show team, and deliver results in line with established KPIs and financial goals. As the ‘face’ of their brands, the Group Event Director will forge strong relationships with key stakeholders in their assigned industries on the exhibitor, attendee and association partner sides.
They will have responsibility for, and be evaluated against the financial, operational and customer performance and outlook of their events. This will require them to make decisions to deliver a commercially successful and financially viable product for the customer, with a growing market presence, engaged community and outstanding customer experience.
Role Accountability and Duties:
Strategy and growth
• Develop long and short term strategic plans for events – both physical and virtual
• Manage tactical implementation of strategic plans and lead Event Manager in developing tactics brief
• Deliver on financial, operational and customer oriented-brand objectives (e.g., new business and customer retention, NPS, customer satisfaction)
• Build strategies to seize new market opportunities, or grow the brand(s) into adjacent sectors or customer segments (across geographies, platforms, and verticals)
• Support the development of event/product pricing strategies, based on strategic layout of an event space, product bundling options, value-based pricing and commercial drivers
• Support the development of key strategic partnerships and management of association relationships
Excellence and innovation
• Lead the delivery of outstanding customer experience, working with the team to create innovative and interactive experiences at the events
• Drive creative and new ideas to engage customers at and around the events. Prototyping new ideas and innovative approaches.
• Challenge current restrictions in thinking to increase engagement of an event for the customer
• Manage P&L in collaboration with team managers and Finance
• Provide accurate and timely reporting of KPIs and forecasts
• Provide monthly reports and high-level leadership reports
• Manage collaboration across the business functions of Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance, IT and Registration
• Responsible for the overall customer experience
• Line management of team managers through regular 1:1’s, professional development, and coaching | mentoring
• Monitor team and individual performance against targets, KPIs, and MBOs
• Support on the recruitment and assessment of new hires to the team
• Support where necessary in the annual financial planning and quarterly forecasting meetings reviews
• Monitor and manage the day-to-day execution of events across Marketing, Sales, Operations, Media and more
• Provide guidance in the development of all marketing, experiential, and partner programs
• Help guide the development of all live content and conference programming
• Manage the development and execution of all operationally related programs
· Minimum of 5 years experience leading exhibitions, preferably in B2B sector
· Strategic planning experience
· Experience leading teams and acting as an inspirational leader with charisma and energy
· Ability to develop relationships at senior level and support the management and interaction with of high value customer accounts
· Experience of reporting, budgeting / forecasting
· Experience of building trusted internal relationships and maintaining an open two-way conversation to ensure overall brand (event/product) and business success
· Ability to collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders
· Strong interpersonal skills and public speaking skills
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experienceAdditional Information
· Competitive Compensation Package
· Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
· Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
· 401K and Matching
· Generous PTO policy
· Work-life balance
· Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa Markets is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
ll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.