GM of New Verticals at Pilot.com (Remote)
- Market sizing and analysis: thoughtfully identify and aggressively execute a plan to grow in the verticals we think are most promising
- Hiring: Hire and guide an initial team tasked with pursuing each vertical
- Top of funnel marketing: in conjunction with the vertical lead, identify scalable sources of good leads, and execute campaigns to drive lead generation
- Customer acquisition: assist with the sales process throughout the funnel, including leading sales calls with prospects when it makes sense
- Retention and account management: working closely with our verticals leads to support Pilot clients with industry-specific expertise
- Operations: be the internal champion for our new verticals, identifying and articulating process changes needed to better serve our clients
- You’re an ex-startup founder, or you have 7+ years work experience, with an analytical/quantitative or strategy background, ideally at a B2B SaaS startup
- Strong “general athlete” who thrives in a dynamic, cross-functional role that requires both long-term strategic thinking and day-to-day execution
- Excellent strategic thinking chops backed by strong quantitative skillset
- Strong communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Competitive benefits package including wellness benefits such as Modern Health, Headscape, One Medical, Aaptiv and Rightway
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Pilot commits to provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, as well as equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. You may view all of Pilot’s recruiting notices here, including our EEO policy, recruitment agency policy, recruitment scam notice, and important E-Verify information.