Global Travel Director at Cybereason
Cybereason is the global champion for today’s cyber defenders with future-ready attack protection that extends from the endpoint to the enterprise, to everywhere.
At Cybereason, we believe that as defenders we are stronger as one. Together, we have the wisdom to uncover, correlate and understand multiple threats. We deliver the precision to end cyber attacks in an instant -- on computers, mobile devices, servers, and in the cloud -- to everywhere the battle moves.
Always by your side, we have brought the world’s brightest minds from the military, government intelligence, and enterprise security to create a new kind of cyber security company -- one that delivers future-ready attack protection that ends cyber attacks on the endpoint, across the enterprise to everywhere the battle is being waged.
We are looking for an innovative and strategic thinker to lead Cybereason’s end-to-end Global Travel function. We need someone who understands key market shifts in the constantly evolving travel industry and who can reimagine Cybereason’s travel strategies to better serve Cybereason's sustainability goals and support our strategies. With your vision, personal drive, and storytelling skills, you will lead our relationship with our global travel agencies and influence across a large number of business partners to operationalize critical shifts in Cybereason’s travel solutions, creating a more sustainable, equitable, and seamless experience.
We need a forward-thinking problem solver to cultivate innovation, creating new and better ways to serve our employees in a constantly evolving environment. Are you someone who can think strategically, understanding industry shifts to identify future possibilities and translate them into breakthrough strategies to create a more sustainable, seamless experience for Cybereason travelers?
In this role you will communicate the team's vision and purpose, painting a compelling picture of the Cybereason Travel strategy to motivate others to action. You will also demonstrate your ability to plan, prioritize, and operationalize complex programs to meet commitments that are aligned with organizational goals in a dynamic, highly matrixed, fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do:
You will be guiding the implementation of our Travel Policy in Concur across the globe. Primary tasks include:
- Leading the development of the global strategy for Cybereason’s Global Travel function that is in alignment with Cybereason’s business strategies.
- Leading the effort to identify, prioritize and adopt new service innovations and technology solutions that support the Cybereason Travel objectives.
- Ensuring development and implementation of global partnership strategies in alignment with Cybereason’s travel strategies and managing the senior executive relationships with a myriad of external partners (Travel Management Company, airlines, hotel providers, and more).
- Identifying and developing global traveler standards and policies, measuring success both at the global and regional levels.
- Working closely with the global teams to ensure consistency in the travel experience globally while considering the need for regional differences in processes, tools, or market needs.
- Managing and leading a high-performing team of Cybereason employees and partners.
- Representing Cybereason in multiple industry advisory boards and industry best practice organizations
Who You'll Work With:
This role reports to the VP, Global Supply Management, and will work closely with all of Cybereason’s business units.
Cybereason’s Travel works closely with multiple internal functions including Security, People, Information Systems, Finance, and Operations.
Cybereason Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. Cybereason is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree, or higher degree in relevant field.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience.
- Innovative thinking and an approach of continuous improvement to implement new ideas.
- Critical thinking and the ability to prioritize and operationalize shifts in strategy.
- Strong leadership skills honoring a globally diverse team across time zones.
- A proven track record of collaborating and influencing in a highly matrixed organization across industry and internal partners.
- Proven financial and budget management skills.
- Operational experience with service delivery from ideation and strategy through implementation, measuring success and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.