The hardware that supports our global operations is growing and scaling. We need a Global Supply Manager who is excellent at strategizing, sourcing, managing, and driving a supply base that enables us to scale effectively while considering cost, capacity, quality and design efficiency. You will work cross-functionally with the manufacturing, operations, and engineering teams to make high-level, high-impact decisions that influence the overall strategic direction of Zipline’s operations. As a supply chain subject matter expert, you will own the relationships with internal and external partners that impact decision-making around design for manufacturing. Your leadership will guide internal stakeholders to make thoughtful decisions and increase the rate at which Zipline can make an impact.What You'll Do
- Own several product and technology areas for Zipline from a Commercial and Supply Chain perspective.
- Understand the design, function, and operation of Zipline systems and equipment.
- Learn Zipline’s business and design needs so you can effectively develop supplier relationships.
- Become familiarized with the global operations teams to understand our end-to-end supply chain.
- Build trust and confidence with the Engineering teams, manufacturing teams, logistics teams, and global operations teams.
- Develop relationships with Zipline’s existing supply base and drive current sustaining production supply chain. Also decide who we should be working with in the future and move us in that direction for the technology and product areas you own.
- Own and drive the bring-up of new suppliers on existing and/or new technologies.
- Fully execute on partnering and manufacturing with suppliers that are aligned with Zipline’s long term strategy and direction.
- You have significant prior experience with the life cycle of developing a real product from an operational and commercial perspective. Design->Develop->Scale->End of Life.
- You have a strategic orientation as well as a track record of actually delivering on products that see the light of day.
- Your personal brand anchors on making things happen, you take pride in what you do.
- You are willing to get in the weeds and dive headfirst into Zipline’s UAS technology and operations.
- You can communicate effectively and build strong relationships with internal business teams and external stakeholders.
- You have the grit, resourcefulness, and resilience to thrive in novel, uncertain and constantly-changing business and regulatory environments.
- You believe deeply that access matters and that we can and will provide access to essential medical supplies for every person on the planet.
Must be eligible to work in the US and travel globally as needed.