Global Supply Manager at Argo AI (Pittsburgh, PA)
Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The Global Supply Management team is responsible for managing suppliers and commercial issues for autonomous hardware development at Argo. Critical scope of GSM work is cost, schedule, risk mitigation and quality. GSMs key deliverables are commercial agreements, including ED&T negotiation, unit price, lead-time, licensing etc. Argo hires GSMs with strong commercial and technical skills so we can empower GSMs to influence major decisions for the company. GSMs work is very cross functional, involving communication at working level and management both internal to Argo and externally with suppliers.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and manage Argo AI’s growing global supply chain
- Establish our supply chain strategy, identifying vendors that can best meet Argo AI’s requirements for technology, functionality, cost, and quality
- Work with a wide variety of teams within Argo and a wide variety of outside partners during both prototype development and production manufacturing
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Demonstrated experience of end-to-end supply chain management: from early engagement with engineering, supplier management, commercial contracts, RFPs/RFQs and product maturity
- Strong experience reducing supplier cost and supplier risk while keeping part quality and timeliness standards high
- Experience working with suppliers to identify and fix quality issues
- Experience with electrical, mechanical, optical systems or components
- Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented skills to solve them
- Ability to serve cross functional roles in a young company
- A record of successful program management ownership and working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent teamwork, transparency and communication skills
- Prefer candidates with experience influencing part design to use design for manufacturability best practices
- Prefer candidates with experience in addressing supply chains for both prototype environments and large scale manufacturing
- Experience with International suppliers particularly in Europe and Asia
- Ability to communicate fluently in English.
Additional Requirements: Up to 20% travel to remote offices, engineering partners, and manufacturing partners.
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.