Global Supply Manager, Flavors at Cana (Remote)
Cana is a consumer electronics company based in the SF Bay Area. We are a team of scientists, engineers, product managers and designers building products that redefine the future of food and beverage. Our first product will greatly reduce the environmental impact of beverages by changing how the world’s most popular drinks are created, distributed and consumed. We are not building an incremental improvement over existing products, but rather completely reimagining how food is made to bring forward a better and more sustainable future.
If you are excited by the idea of working with a passionate team solving big challenges by bringing together the best of hardware, software and chemistry innovation, we want to hear from you!
Cana is committed to creating a workplace where you feel valued and can do your best work. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech and hope you apply, even if the role below does not exactly describe you.
Global Supply Manager (GSM), Flavors
Cana is seeking a Global Supply Manager, Flavors to join our Operations and Supply Chain team. This role has the responsibility for managing flavor sourcing, materials management, and procurement. As the GSM, you’ll identify suppliers and negotiate cost and supply agreements to ensure successful continuity for critical flavors and raw materials. In this strategic sourcing role, your industry knowledge, ability to partner cross functionally with internal teams, and excitement towards Cana’s mission will make you a key contributor to bringing Cana’s product to market!
- Work directly with key suppliers (manufacturers and distributors) to develop and implement sourcing and cost management strategies that support existing platforms and new product development.
- Develop and implement business continuity plans for critical flavors and raw materials
- Assess market conditions, identify industry best practices and emerging trends to identify new cost reduction and value creation opportunities, as well as performing should-cost analysis.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional teams to find, assess, and select suppliers that will improve value to the organization and help attain targeted business results.
- Establish and implement procurement policies with suppliers to ensure quality, delivery, and cost improvements including KPI’s and scorecards.
- Track and communicate metrics related to supplier performance to all levels of the organization
- Review and maintain capacity planning information for assigned suppliers
- Organize and lead regular supplier review meetings
- Manage Clear to Build (CTB) to ensure on-time availability of all flavors and raw materials
- BA/BS Degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering, Biology, Business Management or Supply Chain Management
- 5-10 years of experience in materials management, procurement, or supply chain management in a high volume consumer industry, with preference given to experience procuring flavors and raw materials
- Strong technical and analytical skills with exceptional attention to details
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
- Effective management of flavor and raw material sourcing within a manufacturing environment; order pull-in/push out, and negotiating cost reductions
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level
- Ability to collaborate and partner with key stakeholders within the Cana organization, primarily Product Development teams and co-packer management
- Ability to travel as needed
Diversity at Cana:
- Cana is committed to building an inclusive workplace and diverse teams. We welcome interest from individuals of all backgrounds and levels of experience who share our mission.
This position can be based remotely or in our Emeryville office, and travel as needed (possibly up to 25%)
Cana offers highly competitive salaries and benefits, including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, and 401(k)
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. This position is based in our Emeryville, CA location - there is no relocation assistance offered at this time.