Global Strategic Connectivity Manager (Remote) at Vonage
Vonage is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Booking, WhatsApp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world.Why this role matters
The Global Strategic Connectivity Manager will overlook key transformational initiatives in the connectivity team guaranteeing that Vonage accesses the best quality of termination globally at market leading rates to drive our customers’ success. This hands-on role enables Vonage to deliver the high levels of quality and breadth of service our customers expect.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...What you'll do
- Position Vonage as the strategic and trustworthy partner to work within the Carrier/Mobile Operators /Carrier community, by proactively engaging, educating and sharing best practices with the relevant stakeholders and decision makers.
- Lead Vonage’s strategic connectivity projects from a technical, operational and commercial point of view, by working closely with external and internal stakeholders, including Routing, Pricing, Deal Desk, Carrier Services, Product and Engineering.
- Proactively work with Engineering and Product teams to improve our platform’s routing engine and performance by maximising the use of Signalling capabilities as well as use of already existing features that remain unexplored.
- Manage the relationships with external Signalling vendors and actively work on further exploring their capabilities and/or improve synergies on existing technical setups.
- Drive messaging strategies to improve Vonage’s cost, performance and deliverability.
- Build and maintain relationships with Mobile Operators.
- Develop Vonage’s SS7 Interworking with Mobile Network Operators.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to ensure new customer requirements and business needs are met and timely delivered.
- Participate and lead carrier services involvement in global RFPs for large international brands like Uber, Facebook, Twitter and others, ensuring the best cost and quality is offered, increasing Vonage’s chance of successfully maximising the wallet share from these particular customers.
- Improve business processes within the Carrier Services team and contribute to further developments of business processes that overlap between multiple internal teams.
- Effectively communicate project performance KPIs to the team and upwards to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Plan new initiatives and/or strategise current initiatives to maximise RoI and increase profitability.
- Computer science or Telecom related education background, preferably in Engineering.
- Strategic thinking and tactical communication to external and internal customers about the solutions provided.
- Global knowledge of the A2P SMS markets, official regulations and features.
- Ability to perform analysis and define conclusions based on transactional data, as well as identify business actionable patterns and trends.
- Strong technical understanding of the SS7 and SMPP specifications.
- Complete understanding of routing engines, algorithms and different protocols.
- Strong command of SQL and/or other database languages.
- Experience working within the A2P and CPAAS Industry, with Carriers and
- Excellent understanding of the A2P SMS global commercial ecosystem.
- Attention to detail, systematic and efficient.
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.