Global Seed Operations EHS Leader at Granular (Des Moines, IA)
The Global EHS Leader will have responsibility for the environment, health, and safety of Global Seed Operations. The position will lead a global team that will build a positive EHS culture, ensure compliance, solve problems, develop, and execute objectives that will positively impact the short- and long-term business goals for Corteva. This role will partner with internal groups to ensure the unique needs of the Seed Operations Business are understood and incorporated into the EHS Program. This role will provide leadership to ensure a safe and compliant workplace across the Global Seed Operations Team, delivering outstanding EHS performance and sustaining the License to Operate. This role will work in close partnership with the Corteva EHS&S team, Global EHS and Emergency Response & Security Leadership to ensure al plans and resources are in place, properly utilized, and aligned. The role with partner with Corteva EHS&S teams to ensure appropriate, consistent implementation and maintenance of EHS work processes, best practices, and most effective technologies; coordinate and align priorities and initiatives; audit the effectiveness of processes and implementation; analyze performance data for trends and identify opportunities for improvement across the Platform. Strong partnership in this role with Corteva Leadership to drive on-going development of the EHS organization through increasing skills, competencies, and diverse experiences.
This role can accommodate a flexible work arrangement where you may work multiple days a week from home.
Responsibilities - How will you help us grow?
Strategy and Planning
- Facilitate and align team objectives with corporate, business unit, geographic, and functional EHS strategies, priorities, resources, and systems
- Collaborate closely with the EHS Leaders across Corteva to ensure plans are well communicated and supported
- Lead Global Seed EHS team to align priorities, set objectives, track progress, develop abilities, evaluate performance, and provide feedback
- Lead the Global Seed Operations EHS Team to provide environmental, health, safety, process safety/containment, and motor vehicle support and expertise to the company at all levels
- Partner with ER&S Leadership to support emergency services and security initiatives in Global Seed Operations
- Ensure global expertise support is structured to effectively support the Global Seed Operations team in order to improve the work processes and support the regions
- Collaborate with Global Seed Operations teams to implement best practices and drive ownership of EHS performance
- Measure functional performance against goals, client expectations and develop improvement plans
Work Processes / Improvement
- Monitor / Utilize Platform EH&S Key Metrics and Leading Indicators to drive environmental, health, safety, process safety/containment, and motor vehicle performance improvements.
- Knowledgeable of and accountable for Global Seed Operations compliance with Corporate EH&S Standards and Governmental Regulatory requirements.
- Validate Global Seed Operations self-assessment, audit, and regulatory compliance corrective action completion & validation.
- Ensure Corporate Process Safety and Containment work process implementation.
- Promote implementation and maintenance of the company's Operating Discipline Management System (ODMS) EH&S elements.
- Manage budgeting process, cost management and spending prioritization.
- Ensure site environmental stewardship, waste management and remediation (where indicated).
- Ensure conformance with EH&S merger, acquisition, divestiture and real estate transfer processes.
- Align with Information Technology (IT) initiatives, updates, cyber security processes and tools.
- Attract, develop, and retain top tier talent to drive effective implementation of EH&S processes, training, and tools.
- Motivate and inspire employee performance excellence and job satisfaction.
- Performance management of direct reports. Review progress, develop abilities, evaluate performance, and provide feedback/coaching.
- Lead / participate in global EHS&S networks and leadership teams.
- Participate in global cross-functional corporate networks and leadership teams.
- Support community initiatives and communication networks to sustain the companies' public 'License to Operate'.
- Provide proactive leadership and support for EH&S advocacy initiatives including proactive value-based participation in relevant industry and professional associations and external networks globally.
Requirements - What expertise have you grown?
- Bachelor's degree (4/5 yrs) in an applicable scientific discipline is required; Professional certification where applicable
- 15+ years of relevant industry experience, knowledge and skills in a manufacturing / industrial environment
- Fluent in English
- Willing to travel 30-50%
Knowledge, skill, and abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills
- Excellent consultation, facilitation, and influencing skills
- Excellent inter-personal relationship skills to all levels in an organization
- Working knowledge of all EH&S work processes, in addition to facility operations and processes
- Working knowledge of regulatory, permit, and company requirements, including audit requirements
- Demonstrated open and clear communications and processes for issue resolution
- Development of and maintaining efficient strategic relationships and communications
- Self-motivated, independent thinker
- Facilitates development and leveraging of expertise
- Ability to manage multiple projects and set priorities
- Works methodically and meets required deadlines
- Well organized with a demonstrated ability to work without supervision
- Excellent English / local language verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent training and presentation skills
- Ability to analyze technical writing and regulations
- Broad experience with computers including word processing, spreadsheets, database and training/presentation software
Work/Visa Sponsorship not offered for this role
Check out life at Corteva!
Let's peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Our Johnston, Iowa campus is home to 2,500 employees whose mission is simple - to feed the world. While our employees are busy working to solve world hunger and ensure environmental sustainability, we're taking care of them by offering convenience and comfort during the workday with an onsite fitness center, coffee shop and top-notch cafeteria touting a grill, deli, fresh salad bar and a variety of healthy menu options. Need some fresh air during your work day? Take advantage of our beautiful, tree-lined walking trails or relax by the pond. We also offer countless opportunities to connect with your colleagues through community volunteerism, sports teams and parties, and holiday events. Did we mention you'll be working in state-of-the art buildings with the latest technology with colleagues from all over the world? Join us in bringing food into homes around the world, while we make you feel at home while you're at work.
Des Moines, Iowa is the fastest-growing major metropolitan area in the Midwest with a nationally ranked high quality of living. It's nicknamed the Silicon Prairie for its place as an up-and-coming hot spot for technology. Living here means Saturdays at the nationally renowned Downtown Farmers' Market, sporting events, a robust downtown night life and access to one of the most artistic medium sized cities. If you enjoy the outdoors, Des Moines offers beautiful nature trails for a casual walking, running or biking adventures.
It means going to a job you love and coming home to a community of friends and family. Communities care about their residents and residents care about their communities, making a difference for everyone who lives here. This is a place where culture flourishes and opportunities grow, where a work-life balance can be achieved, where education is unmatched, and award-winning arts and entertainment are right around the corner.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated. If you require a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
- Accessibility Page for Contact Information
- For US Applicants: See the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.