Global Consulting Operations Director (Unit 42)- Remote at Palo Alto Networks
At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better.
We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.Job Description
In this cross-functional role within the Unit 42 Global Consulting Operations team, you will be responsible for surfacing, analyzing, and articulating the most compelling technical insights and trends from the work being done by Unit 42’s threat researchers and incident responders. From ransomware to cloud breaches and nation-state threats, you will set up processes to mine, collate, and analyze data points and translate complex technical findings into comprehensive, strategic reports that can be relied on and actioned upon by Palo Alto Networks customers to prepare for and respond to their biggest security challenges.
This technical leader and experienced practitioner will have a successful track record in developing and executing creative solutions to challenging problems that require collaboration with diverse stakeholders in a dynamic and fast paced environment. We are looking for a leader with truly exceptional communication and writing skills, with both the technical chops and journalistic style to bring the narratives to life for a diverse audience.
To thrive in this position, you must be a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, and be able to work both independently and as a teammate. This is an opportunity to use your consulting, data analysis, and technical expertise, and your passion for knowledge sharing, to deliver significant business value with a global team tackling real problems for real businesses.
- Key stakeholder contributing to the strategy and roadmap for all strategic Unit 42 reports and thought leadership
- Partner with Unit 42 threat researchers, incident responders, and communications team to publish both comprehensive, strategic reports as well as concise summaries of new threats and threat actors for executive briefings
- Represent Unit 42 on cross-functional company-wide teams to support dissemination of data breach research and trends and enable rapid response to ongoing threats
- Map out process workflows and identify improvement opportunities to facilitate efficient collation of data points relevant to determining technical insights and trends
- Perform complex data mining and analysis to identify and vet cybersecurity trends and insights from our incident response case data that are tactical and actionable
- Creating compelling narratives from complex technical data that can be understood by security practitioners, security leaders, board members, CxOs, and sales teams
- 10+ years of experience with Incident Response, Digital Forensics, and Cyber Risk Management tools, products, technologies, methodologies, and concepts
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills and strict attention to detail
- Experience mining, synthesizing, and standardizing data from varied data sources, and performing complex data analysis
- Self-starter, owner of end-to-end program development, delivery, measurement, communication, and experience with visualization and dashboarding tools
- Ability to influence without authority, and build highly collaborative relationships with cross-functional partners both within and outside of Unit 42
- Professional cybersecurity consulting and/or threat intelligence experience involving large, complex investigations and engagements for global companies
- Bachelor's degree required (or equivalent); Master’s degree is a plus
- Ability to occasionally travel domestically and internationally as the travel situation evolves over time
Unit 42 Security Consulting is Palo Alto Networks’ security advisory team. Our consulting team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
Our vision is to create a more secure digital world by providing the highest quality incident response, risk management, and digital forensic services to our clients. Our team is composed of recognized experts and incident responders with deep technical expertise and experience in investigations, data breach response, digital forensics, and information security. With a highly successful track record of delivering mission-critical cybersecurity solutions, we are experienced in working quickly to provide effective incident response, attack readiness, and remediation plans with a focus on providing long-term support to improve our clients’ security posture.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer, the starting salary (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) is expected to be between $$184,200/yr to $230,200/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.