GI Tech I - St. Luke's at Aurora Health Care (Milwaukee, WI)
| Milwaukee, WI
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:54 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, July 6, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
- To provide support to the GI/Pulmonary department by assisting in quality patient care, working effectively within an interdisciplinary team, and maintaining a safe patient care environment while maintaining a competent skill level as an endoscopic technician.
- Assists with patient care activities and related services under the supervision/delegation of the registered nurse and/or physician including but not limited to intraprocedural support. Assists physicians with accurate retrieval of specimens, specimen preservation, labeling and transportation of specimens to lab.
- Assists in initiating and/or collaborating with the team for all safety initiatives such as timeout process, traceability of equipment used, and reporting of safety events. Organizes and prepares procedure rooms and equipment according to each physician's specification, checking and assembling proper instruments and equipment needed.
- Performs high level disinfection and reprocessing of equipment/scopes in a safe and effective manner based on established standards.
- Cleans, calibrates, operates and performs preventative maintenance on equipment according to manufacturer's recommendations and infection control policies and guidelines. Reports and documents equipment repairs.
- Documents procedures, images, videos and patient charges utilizing the endoscope and ultrasound information systems.
- Assists in maintaining inventory for unit by informing unit when supplies are needed, stocking supplies, and receiving ordered supplies. Performs various clerical duties which includes answering of phones, filing, data entry, scheduling and compilation of patient records.
- Performs various patient positioning and transporting duties, which require lifting and pushing/pulling, while utilizing proper techniques.
Full-time, 1st shift
Rotating weekends & holidays with call requirements
Licenses & Certifications
Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) needs to be obtained within 6 months unless department leader has determined it is not required.
High School Graduate.
Required Functional Experience
Typically requires 1 year of experience in a nursing assistant, medical assistant or similar patient care position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Ability to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment.Basic computer skills.Excellent communication and customer service skills.Excellent organizational skills.
More Information on Aurora Health Care
Aurora Health Care operates in the Healthtech industry. The company is located in Milwaukee, WI, Glendale, WI, Grafton, WI, Greenfield, WI, Hales Corners, WI, Kenosha, WI, Sheboygan, WI, Oshkosh, WI, De Pere, WI, Green Bay, WI, Green Bay, WI, Green Bay, WI, Green Bay, WI and Green Bay, WI. It has 13370 total employees. To see all 11 open jobs at Aurora Health Care, click here.
Read Full Job Description