Reddit’s mission is “Bringing Community and Belonging to Everyone in the World” and we do this by bringing over 52 million people together each day (DAU) through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Our International team is growing and we are looking for a General Manager to lead India. You would be responsible for setting the overall strategic direction of the country, by working cross-functionally with other teams across Reddit dedicated to your country. This includes Consumer Product, Marketing, BD/Partnerships, Community, Sales, HR/Legal/Finance, and overall Operations. This role reports to Reddit’s Head of International.
- Manage P&L targets for India, by managing user (DAU), community (Active Communities, Moderation), and revenue outcomes to costs and investment.
- Work closely with consumer product to provide a local market perspective on content, community building, essential features, and prioritization of features.
- Manage a dotted lined cross functional team of Marketing, Comms, BD/Partnerships, Product Marketing, Community, Product Operations, and Sales. Also coordinate with global/central Product, Engineering, and G&A teams to achieve quarterly operational metrics across the country.
- Work with Legal and Policy to ensure Reddit executes against local safety and content policies balance Reddit values with local policies.
- Grow Reddit’s aided and unaided brand awareness, and brand relevance (e.g., “Reddit is a brand for me”) in local Indian markets.
- Develop and execute strategy for how new Reddit products and experiences in the US will be brought to India.
- Develop and document a playbook for consumer growth and engagement.
- Represent the brand in India and be Reddit’s face for partners and local inquiries.
- Local Indian market leader with deep relationships, insights, and understands local zeitgeist, across content, product, monetization, and operations.
- Very comfortable with and having experience working and ultimately managing a dotted-line cross-functional team. You must be both humble and effective in recognizing when to push and pull teams you don’t directly manage.
- 10+ years in digital media, with experience across entire ecosystem.
- Understands setting, adjusting, and executing a regular rhythm of business.
- Proven experience engaging with senior executives and leadership across the org.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].