Funding Coordinator ( Temp to Perm) at Rapid Finance (Washington DC)
About Our Company
It’s not just a job. It’s a mission. If you’re as passionate as we are about empowering the small businesses of America, then you’ll be right at home with us.
Rapid Finance is the nation's leading provider of alternative financing solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. When traditional sources of funding are beyond reach, we open doors for small business owners. By providing access to the working capital, Rapid Finance helps growing businesses achieve their goals and reach even higher.
Ranked in 2021 Washington Post's Top Work Places, our company is expanding. We are aggressively investing in our people and technology to create a best-in-class experience for our customers. Let us invest in you.
About the Opportunity
Rapid Finance is seeking a Funding Coordinator to join our hard working Finance team. The Funding Coordinator ensures the timely and accurate client processing set up of all advances and loans originated by our Business Advisors, Account Executives, and/or Partners with speed, quality, and a high level of service. The ideal candidate must be able to respond to and manage account inquiries related issues prior to funding, review file documentation and make sure all items needed are requested. This role is a temp to perm opportunity located in Bethesda, MD.
Outstanding client service skills are a must. Prior experience in a banking or lending environment is helpful but not required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company in our home office in Bethesda, MD, just a few city blocks from the Bethesda Metro.
A day in the life of the Funding Coordinator may include:
- Work closely with sales, underwriting and other teams to ensure transparency of advances and work together with partners to find the best solution for the client.
- Prepare and forward preliminary paperwork to existing partners that have and existing relationship with a processing company that splits funds with or provides daily reporting to Rapid Finance.
- Review processing paperwork with clients. Review files for completeness and determine if they are in compliance with internal company guidelines in order to submit for funding.
- Manage pipeline reports daily to ensure reports are accurate, and monitor daily reports in order to confirm estimated daily repayment batching requirement.
- Determine if there is an existing cash advance and request payoff of such upon approval.
- Support the Finance team operationally and reviewing reporting.
- You understand the importance of ensuring a fantastic experience for every client, every time. No exceptions, no excuses.
- You are efficient and accurate with data entry. If you have prior experience in client service, clerical support or data entry, even better. Experience in financial services, especially banking or lending, industry experience is helpful.
- You have worked with Microsoft Office and have working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- You understand the importance of reviewing your work and correcting errors, especially when handling critical client data.
- You pride yourself on your ability to capture all of the relevant details and get things done on time.
- You enjoy helping others and are not afraid of the phone – you’re comfortable talking with clients, business partners and other team members.
- You are comfortable working in a paperless environment.
- You are able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- You thrive when working in a close-knit, team environment where attitude and work ethic matter.
- You can adapt to new processes and be flexible when responding to work demands.
- You can analyze a situation in order to make fact-based decisions and recommend possible solutions.
Why Rapid Finance?
Rapid Finance seeks the best and brightest. To us, finding and keeping A-talent is as important as closing a million-dollar deal. That’s just one of the reasons why we have been so successful, growing more than 20 percent every year.
Our team benefits from a commuting or parking allowance, employer-matched 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and more. Just steps from the metro, our beautiful new office includes a modern open floor plan, free on-site fitness center, a gaming area, stocked kitchen, and other cool amenities.
Discover what a career with Rapid Finance can do for you. Visit our careers page today to learn more about the other opportunities we currently have available.
The Disclaimer: This job posting is an outline of the primary responsibilities and requirements of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified by a variety of similar adjectives at any time by the leadership team.