Technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. At Cisco Meraki, we believe that by embracing an incredibly extensible and innovative software platform that simplifies the ever-increasing complexity of IT and business, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. Do you share our belief?
Cisco Meraki is looking for a Freight Manager to join our Operations Team in Chicago! We are looking for a curious logistics professional who will collaborate with teams within Cisco Meraki, teams within greater Cisco, and external partners to further optimize our current processes and systems to scale with Meraki’s terrific year-over-year sales growth.
Your first 6 months will consist of gaining a deep understanding of Cisco Meraki’s carrier and broker relationships and integrations while collaborating with key stakeholders. With your newly formed relationships and business knowledge you will be able to perform complex analyses on costs and performance trends to see opportunities.
This is ideal role with you if you are interested in partnering with project managers, developers, and/or other stakeholders to bring new opportunities to fruition!What You Will Do
- Partner with global operational fulfillment teams and Cisco Supply Chain leaders to lead accounts, help negotiate contracts, rates, and critical metrics along with invoice management
- Lead RFQ in partnership with Supply Chain
- Perform analysis of carrier/broker costs versus shipping uplift programs
- Partner with project managers on new system integrations with 3PLs, carriers, and brokers, and internal improvement projects
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 years of work experience in a Logistics, Operations, or Supply Chain role, plus carrier/broker management is preferred
- 4-year college degree required
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, and communication skills
- Outstanding business insight with analytical and critical thinking skills
- Experience working with other mathematicians, scientists, or engineers is required.
- Proven track record to work efficiently in a changing, rapidly growing environment
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.