Field Strategist - DoD at Palo Alto Networks (Baltimore, MD)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
The Field Strategist for the DoD engages with customers at command levels to identify and produce industry solutions and partnerships necessary for DoD mission success, and in doing so establishes true market leadership in cybersecurity. The role requires and leverages deep customer-side experience as a security leader and practitioner. It takes someone who has done the work and can talk the talk of program leads, and has solved execution problems our customers often encounter. It requires a strong network of customer connections, and the ability to marshal our teams against strategic objectives.
- Engage in our largest sales opportunities, to support in-quarter business and provide insight on program or mission-specific customer requirements
- Develop and cultivate relationships with existing and new customers at command levels, to become an integral part of key cyber programs
- Conduct strategic analysis to identify and pursue new markets and market strategies, with clear development roadmaps
- Build pipeline and lighthouse projects, increase program penetration, and drive market share gains within them
- Educate and mentor sales, capture, and BD teams about DoD missions, programs, and culture to develop skills and improve selling
- Build solutions, validated designs, value propositions, use cases, and market value chains that maximize the leverage of our cybersecurity platform
- Support capture and SI teams with industry expertise, to determine the best opportunities to pursue and support conversion of won positions into bookings
- Partner with Government Affairs to develop procurement, policy and funding opportunities for future industry transformations
- Participate in executive briefings, deliver keynotes at the leading industry events, publish articles in key publications, and be a leader of disruption to the way cybersecurity is done
- 10+ years’ experience in cybersecurity roles in DoD, or senior IT roles in which cybersecurity was a primary function
- First-hand mastery of issues related to DoD technology usage, and the most common software and technology providers in the ecosystem
- Minimum TS clearance
- Extensive relationships and an excellent reputation in key national industry groups
- Experience with public sector funding, go-to-market, procurement, and compliance requirements
- Program management skills, and ability to lead a cross-functional team
- Experience working in and establishing a variety of supplier/partner relationship models
- Exceptional public speaking and C-Level customer consultative and relationship skills
- Research and analytical skills
- Proven ability to balance a complex workload, with short- and long-term requirements.
- Ability to work autonomously within predefined parameters
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.