Field Service Technician at Routeware, Inc.
Routeware is the industry leader in providing software and data analysis that enables public and private enterprises to improve the effectiveness of their waste and recycling programs. Our solutions help organizations save time and money, increase efficiency, improve safety and help make our world a greener place.
Based in Portland, Oregon, the company employs a distributed team across North America and the UK. Our brands, products, and services provide an all-in-one platform to municipal and private waste haulers and other fleet services. As part of an essential and growing industry, we seek solution-oriented team players who want to positively impact the environment. Our work environment is collaborative, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun with a strong appreciation for innovation and initiative.
The individual in this role will be exceptionally motivated, energetic, and is customer-focused and eager to grow. The ideal candidate for this position will have an aptitude for computer hardware and technology in general. Strong troubleshooting skills are a must in this position. The successful candidate will be a hard worker who has a high attention to detail while demonstrating outstanding communication skills. This role requires nationwide travel up to 70% of the time.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Installs computer and hardware components on large commercial trucks.
- Troubleshoots and resolve installation issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Provides assistance to the technical support team.
- Assists in preparation of customer shipments, including light in-house component assembly, hardware configuration, unit burn-in, data logging, and packing/shipping.
- Processes return material authorizations (RMAs).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic tools, principles, and procedures required for installing computer systems in heavy-duty vehicles preferred.
- Solid track record in high-quality electronics installations, including direct customer contact.
- A high degree of personal motivation, initiative, and flexibility.
- Experience with troubleshooting computer hardware and software.
- Proven ability to work well with a team.
- Experience working and communicating effectively with many different stakeholders, including peers, other departments, and external customers.
- Comprehensive benefits (medical with HSA option, vision, dental, and life insurance)
- Paid parental leave
- Medical and Dependent FSA
- 401K match
- Paid Time Off
- Nine company holidays
This is a full time role based in Cleveland, Ohio.
Routeware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination or harassment. At Routeware, we are committed to the principle of equality, and all employment decisions are based on job requirements, business needs, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.