Family Concierge at Sittercity
Sittercity’s mission is to make child care finally work. We pioneered tech enabled child care in 2001, and we connect millions of parents with babysitters and nannies every year. Recognized as a Chicago Innovation Award winner and one of the best places to work by Crain’s and Built in Chicago, we are building a platform that is radically simplifying the way we find, book and pay for trusted care. Headquartered in Chicago, we serve families and caregivers nationwide. We're also incredibly excited to have joined the Bright Horizons family. Child care is essential for letting parents get back to work and keeping our economy functioning. Sittercity and Bright Horizons are coming together to strengthen our mission to make child care finally work!
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for a full-time member to join our Family Concierge team, helping families navigate finding care for their families. As a Family Concierge, you’ll utilize your organizational, problem-solving, and people skills to provide real-time support to our network of families. In this role, you’ll be responsible for conducting needs assessments and researching the best resources to support a customer’s needs. As a Family Concierge, you will have the opportunity to create a personalized experience for families throughout various stages of care, from newborns to young adult support, to eldercare.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced culture and can also make thoughtful decisions. You're curious, creative, customer-first, and oriented towards developing excellent solutions.
*This role is a fully remote opportunity, with a preference in the Boston, MA area*
- Commit to making sure each and every customer has a fantastic experience through excellent listening and parent partnership skills
- Grow to understand the core needs of the families we support to then provide proactive solutions, content, and advice
- Provide phone, email, and chat support by guiding families through Sittercity and Bright Horizon’s service offerings or helping to direct families to other child care related benefits
- Research and contact potential local resources within our family of companies that meet family needs
- Provide recruiting assistance for finding caregivers
- Meet or exceed customer satisfaction goals and Service Level Agreement metrics
- 5+ years relevant professional experience
- Background in account management, child care, social work, or similar fields preferred, but not required
- You are proactive, solution-oriented, entrepreneurial
- You bring simplicity to sometimes complex situations
- Organized, with strong attention to detail and a passion for delivering excellent customer service
- Innovative problem solver who can find creative solutions to customer needs, and is comfortable making decisions with a high degree of autonomy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: People love talking to you
- Have a customer-centric point of view and understand how to uphold a kind tone across all contact channels
- Must be positive, goal-oriented and able to work well independently as well as on a team
- Strong customer service, technical, computer, and written skills
Why you should join us
We offer an innovative and fun environment that rewards passionate and curious individuals.
Benefits and perks:
- Support for flexible and remote working environments
- Company events, social outings and volunteer opportunities
- Open personal time off policy
- Industry-leading parental leave
- Great benefits package for full-time employees, including; health, dental, vision, disability, life, 401(k)
Sittercity is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law. Sittercity participates in E-Verify and background checks all employees.