Facility Security Officer at HireArt (Remote)
HireArt is looking for an organized and strategic Facility Security Officer (FSO) to help us achieve our goal of developing and scaling our security processes for our contract employees.
About the Company
HireArt is the first and only company to build a modern, end-to-end employment platform for the W-2 contract workforce. We know that people are the most important asset in any company, and at HireArt, we pride ourselves on the amazing teams we've helped our clients build and the support we provide our contract employees throughout their assignments. As our business grows, so does our need for subject matter experts. We're looking for a Facility Security Officer (FSO) to develop programs that meet government security requirements and support our growing roster of contract employees in need of clearance.
About the Role
As FSO, you will partner with the Director of Employment Operations, Compliance Program Manager and Leadership to build a security program from the ground up at a company that is rapidly growing a classified workforce.
You'll be responsible for the overall execution of the company's security program in matters of classified processing, safeguarding, access control of personnel security and physical security. Our FSO will need to be resourceful when navigating intricate bureaucracies to find novel approaches that ensure faster outcomes while still aligning with our client's compliance requirements.
In addition, our FSO will partner with our Compliance function with respect to pre-screening requirements, background check investigations and adjudications, and drug and alcohol programs.
This position is generally remote but involves required annual travel and possible quarterly travel to NYC, Alexandria, VA and St Louis, MO.
- Maintain strict confidentiality as related to classified information
- Create, execute, and monitor security policies, procedures, and practices in compliance with our Government security requirements
- Coordinate initial clearance submissions and periodic reinvestigations of personnel
- Provide guidance and instruction to personnel to ensure completion of security paperwork
- Collect fingerprints of initial clearance candidates
- Report and follow-up on clearance report status to managers
- Maintain all records in compliance with COMSEC procedures
- Maintain all security documentation and files in accordance with DCSA requirements
- Maintain FCL documentation and submission in accordance with DCSA requirements
- Advise personnel of their reporting requirements, both personal/administrative and compliance/incident-related reports
- Conduct security trainings, briefings, and debriefings for staff across the organization
- Implement and follow policies in compliance with federal regulations, document control, visitor control, and security education of employees with knowledge of the government classified contract processes
- Partner with the Compliance function with respect to personnel screening more broadly
- Review and adjudicate pre-screening results in Drug and Alcohol and Criminal Background Check programs for non-government roles
- Partner with the Compliance team to audit screening programs and maintain compliance with DOT and FMCSA regulations where applicable
- Conduct Fair Chance Assessments and interviews where applicable for the position and jurisdiction
- 2+ years of experience as FSO
- 3+ years experience in the security field
- BS/BA Degree required
- Active Top Secret USG security clearance and ability to continue to maintain the clearance is required
- Experience supporting federal contracting Programs/Projects
- Effective organizational skills and ability to juggle competing priorities
- A track record of taking initiative and being resourceful to problem solve and accomplish ambitious goals
- Able to independently handle and triage security issues
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Team-oriented and enjoy collaborating cross-functionally
- Strong knowledge of NISPOM, ICDs, DoD Manuals, NIST 800-171, NIST 800-053 and other Government directives/policies with proven history of an effective security program
- Experience with JPAS, NISS, and e-QIPExperience in setting up and/or maintaining secure facilities
- Completion of FSO Program Management for Possessing Facilities (IS030.CU) Certificate preferred
Commitment: This is a remote, permanent, full-time position with HireArt that involves required annual travel and possible quarterly travel to NYC, Alexandria, VA and St Louis, MO. This position is open to candidates who are base and authorized to work in the U.S. and able to work during Eastern or Central Time business hours. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visa or open to corp-to-corp.
HireArt values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer, which is why we are interested in every qualified candidate, regardless of their background or how they identify.
HireArt offers a benefits package that includes:
- 100% employer covered insurance premiums
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance for employee, spouse, and children
- Life and disability insurance
- Work-from-home stipends, including
- Workspace/home office set up
- Company supplied laptop of your choice (Mac or PC)
- Phone/Internet service
- Unlimited PTO and paid holidays