Facility Manager at TuSimple (Dallas, TX)
This opportunity is located in Dallas, CA.
You can apply to the job with this email address: [email protected]Company Overview
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.Opportunity Overview
TuSimple’s Facilities Manager is the first point of contact for all facility related needs, overseeing a wide range of physical plant-related services. In this role, you will ensure that all facility needs are met, including preventative maintenance, construction project management, security and safety, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, cleaning, landscaping, etc.; coordinating the work of third-party services; as necessary. You will be managing 2 or 3 facilities in Dallas area.
You will ensure compliance with all applicable government/compliance regulations, OSHA requirements, and health, safety and environmental protection standards - providing feedback and guidance to staff at all levels on safe work practices. The Facilities Manager may also oversee maintenance and janitorial staff; training and guiding them to focus on proactive, high-quality, efficient work.Role Responsibilities
- Directs the maintenance, construction, safety and all other physical plant activities for designated facilities. This includes planning, estimating, scheduling, inspecting and monitoring work scheduled and performed.
- Establishes work schedules to include preventive maintenance, cleaning and inspection routines and operational support. Ensures work is completed according to schedule.
- Ensures compliance with TuSimple policies, OSHA requirements, and city, state and local regulations, as they apply into the maintenance and facilities activities. Ensures facilities are meeting all health, safety and environmental protection standards and are kept to up to code.
- Conducts daily safety walks to review safety needs across the facility, identifying and immediately addressing any potential safety issues, as well as ensuring a clean and inviting workspace. Oversees facility security, including the security systems and any third-party security services. Provides feedback and guidance on safe work practices to staff at all levels.
- Regularly and proactively inspects facilities and grounds to identify any areas in need of maintenance, repair, deep cleaning, updating, etc.
- Coordinates, project manages and oversees the work of all construction, landscaping, maintenance, installation and cleaning contractors for the facility. Ensures invoices and contracts with third-party services are received and provided to the appropriate parties for payment and reference.
- Regularly reviews utilities consumption and actively works to minimize costs; ensure facilities related bills are paid on time.
- Manages Facilities Ticketboard, ensuring all work is prioritized and completed in a timely manner. Assesses and documents work completed, including parts used; enters into the database creating feedback to further drive effective work order execution.
- May oversee a team of maintenance and/or janitorial staff; ensuring a strong, motivated and fully competent team and a culture of quality and proactivity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Facility Management, Facility Engineering, OR equivalent experience in related field.
- 1 year experience managing facilities/maintenance staff and/or contractors.
- Strong understanding of current construction practices; working knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications and project management.
- Substantial understanding of facility systems and maintenance requirements, including HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Carpentry, Painting, etc.
- Strong understanding of construction costs and budgets. Well-established negotiation and contract management skills.
- Proven effective and efficient project management experience; including the ability to manage a project schedule and budget.
- Established experience overseeing custodial operations, including normal janitorial services and deep cleanings, as necessary.
- Significant understanding of OSHA requirements, governmental/compliance regulations, building codes, and quality standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety and security systems and safe work procedures. Proven ability to identify, assess and address health, safety and environmental protection issues/hazards.
- Strong organizational, analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work under firm deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain steady professionalism throughout aggressive deadlines, changing priorities, and evolving operations, as common to progressive start-up environments.
- Construction Knowledge
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Full kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.Brown University, California Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Duke University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Harvey Mudd College, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, North Carolina State University, Northwestern University, Princeton University, Purdue University, Rice University, Rose - Hulman Institute of Technology, Stanford University, Tufts University, University of California — Berkeley, University of California — Los Angeles, University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign, University of Maryland--College Park, University of Massachusetts--Amherst, University of Michigan--Ann Arbor, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, University of Southern California, University of Texas Austin, University of Washington, University of Wisconsin--Madison, Williams College, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Yale University, MIT, CMU, Waymo, Uber, Facebook, Uber, Amazon, Cruise, Tesla, Argo AI, Baidu, DIDI, Zoox, Nutonomy, Nuro, Aptiv, Pony.Ai, Kodiak, Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford, VW, Autonomous Car, Autonomous Driving, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep learning, Perception, Prediction, Planning, Control, Anduril Industries, Sift, Nauto, Tempus, Salesforce, Automation Anywhere, SenSat, Phrasee, Defined Crowd, Pymetrics,Siemens, Socure, AEye, Rev.com, Suki.ai, Verkada, DataVisor, People.ai, AlphaSense, Icertis, Casetext, Blue River Tech, Nvidia, Bright Machines, Orbital Insight, Brighterion, H2O, Intel, Clarifa, X.ai, Zebra Medical Vision, Iris AI, Freenome, Neurala, Akamai, Zoho, ServiceNow, SalesForce, Oracle, Tableau,Splunk,Cvent, Veeam,Atlassian, DocuSign, Dropbox, Veeva Systems, Proofpoint, Cornerstone, Qualtrics. New Relic, Okta, Intralinks, MuleSoft, Freshworks, Slack, Twilio, Anaplan, Stripe, Workfront, Smartsheet, Zuora, OutSystems, Coupa, Cylance, Elastic, Zoom, SailPoint, BlackLine, iCIMS, Digitate, Qualys, Kareo, DataStax, DiscoverOrg, Siteimprove, Druva, Centrify, Looker, SimilarWeb, Odoo, Kyriba, Sumo Logic, Sisense, PagerDuty, DigitalOcean, Liquid Web, Zaloni, Databricks, ServiceTitan, Fastly, SnapLogic, Mendix, Couchbase, Egnyte, Seismic, Bill.com, Justworks, Collibra, ActiveCampaign, Schoology, SalesLoft, Cylynt,