Responsibilities will include:
- Organizing, stocking and maintaining of the Office Management storage areas, including unpacking boxes
- General office maintenance tasks including the assembling and moving of furniture, hanging whiteboards, cork boards, paintings, spackling and painting walls, conference room and event clean-up, etc.
- Stocking of kitchens and copy areas, including resupply and inventory
- Managing the creation and stock of branded gear for new hire kits and team events
- Interacting with, developing, and maintaining positive vendor relationships relating to facility and Office Management services
- Monthly expense report management
- Collaborating with Office Management team members to brainstorm events, effective department procedures, and new ideas related to office life
- Packaging and preparing shipments for Fedex
- Backup, vacation, and as-needed reception support for the office including: emailing, scheduling, calendar maintenance, signing for packages, scanning, answering phones, mailing, organization, supplying guest passes, booking conference rooms, making reservations, and greeting all guests, as well as any other duties as requested by the Office Manager
The successful candidate will:
- Be comfortable lifting and handling heavy boxes and materials on a daily basis.
- Pride themselves on their punctuality and professional communication skills.
- Be extremely detail-oriented and highly organized; having a knack for using limited space well while keeping areas safely arranged.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Anticipate the needs of the office, thinking one step ahead.
- Ability to lift and move at least 50 pounds, including desks and boxes.
- Strive to find new ways to help and pitch in.
- Have a great sense of humor, flexible personality, "can-do" attitude and ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ask questions, practice common sense, and protect any and all sensitive and confidential material and matters.
- Be proficient in using the Google Suite, including Gmail, Gcal, Sheets and Docs. Additional computer programs are a plus.
- Take pride in being part of a growing and dynamic team.
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it's people that make a company great. Because of this, we're prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.