The Facilities Assistant is responsible for supporting building and preventive maintenance, reception coverage, shipping and receiving, errands and other miscellaneous tasks related to the facility and day-to-day operation of the studio. This position will ensure all building issues are addressed in a timely manner in a fast-paced production environment.
- Provide administrative support for Administrative Services Department, as needed.
- Cover reception desk and shipping and receiving, as needed.
- Stock kitchen, bathrooms, and building supply areas.
- Run errands as necessary using studio van.
- Perform routine machine maintenance and keep equipment in clean, orderly and functional condition.
- Use hand/power tools for minor repairs and maintenance of studio buildings, grounds and walks.
- Troubleshoot office equipment such as copy machines, printers and assist in solving other building equipment issues.
- Assist with various department projects, trainings and other production related requirements.
- Maintain and clean various areas around the studio buildings, grounds and walks.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- 0 - 2 years related experience in an Operations and Facilities position with a strong emphasis on customer service.
- Ability to troubleshoot in a variety of situations, while being resourceful in determining solutions.
- Ability to work well under pressure within given deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with all levels within the organization.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Oregon Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle for running errands.
- Must be able to legally purchase alcoholic beverages.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; stand; sit; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear both in person and by telephone. The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works under typical office conditions and is exposed to variable indoor temperatures. The noise level is usually quiet or moderate.
$17.25/hour set rate, non-negotiable.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please review our Employment Disclaimer and Materials Submission Agreement.