At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
What You’ll Do:
- As needed, monitor security in Ball Aerospace lobbies and alarm access systems and respond as required.
- Work with the contract Security staff to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the inspection of the fire protection equipment and check for other system/equipment irregularities. Report any unusual incident(s) to department management.
- Assure and maintain safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
- Control access to facilities, check for and issues badges, sign visitors/contractors in and out of the facility, answer questions, provide directions as appropriate, and ensure non-U.S. person visitors are properly vetted and escorted.
- Process badge and access requests.
- Update access control system clearance levels, activate / deactivate badges.
- Perform required duties as needed such as administrative reports, training plans, assist locksmith as needed.
- Assist with the programming of security hardware, cameras, troubleshooting systems components including the host, field panels, badge readers, or badge printers, etc. Report or suggest to department management potential ways to improve cost and performance effectiveness for security systems and processes.
- Generate and maintain accurate records, reports and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Respond to emergency calls including medical emergencies.
- Be certified in First Aid, CPR, AED and Bloodborne Pathogens and administer first aid/CPR/AED treatment as required.
- Operate security vehicle/company cars as required and advise appropriate personnel when vehicles need service.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Valid state-issued driver’s license.
- Active or previous Secret security clearance preferred.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $26.44 - $35.82 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.