Experienced Technician at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. (Ann Arbor, MI)
| Ann Arbor, MI
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:32 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, August 17, 2022
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Perform vehicle maintenance, diagnostics and repairs including special preparatory actions as required for special projects.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and replace electrical/ mechanical parts (assemblies, sub-assemblies or individual parts) on development and series vehicles.
- Retrofit development parts into vehicles.
- Prepare vehicles for emission and certification testing per government regulations.
- Construct high voltage and low voltage electrical wire harnesses and break out boxes.
- Support press vehicle preparation including on-site support at press events (including weekend and holidays as needed).
- Support offsite development test drives.
- Maintain automotive tools and equipment as well as a safe and clean work environment.
- Perform software updates on vehicle control units.
- Document activities, repairs, and support.
- Minimum level of education required and required field of study: Associates degree in Automotive or similar technical/engineering field.
- Experience with diagnostics and repairing of electronic, electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems, tools, and equipment.
- Knowledge and hands- on experience in all aspects of automotive diagnostic and repair work.
- Experience of common measurement and diagnostic tools (CANalyzer, CANape, DTS Monaco, Diagmera) and ability to perform and analyze test and diagnostic data, in depth knowledge of ECU Hardware/Software functionality as part of a vehicle system.
- Understanding of vehicle networking communication such as: troubleshooting of complex CAN/LIN/Flexray Star1 and Star2.x vehicle systems in order to identify issues, analyze and determine failure root causes to evaluate and guide solutions actions of test vehicle and prototype vehicle problems.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new automotive concepts and applications.
- Strong PC skills such as working with operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- High voltage electrical and/or battery background.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, experience working in a team oriented and intercultural environment.
- Ability to travel domestic and international and availability on weekends.
- Ability to obtain level two driver’s license (F2) per Daimlers standard.
- Other licenses or certifications required: Valid US Driver’s license Ability to test drive vehicle
- Previous experience with Mercedes- Benz vehicles
- Experience with MIG, TIG, and plastic welding
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America. Please be aware the impact of COVID-19 could increase the amount of time it takes our HR and Hiring Team to process your application. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are dedicated to the health and safety of our employees and candidates. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
More Information on Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc.
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. operates in the Automotive industry. The company is located in Sunnyvale, CA, Long Beach, CA, Carlsbad, CA, Ann Arbor, MI, Redford, MI and Seattle, WA. Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. was founded in 1994. It has 760 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 32 open jobs at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc., click here.
Read Full Job Description