We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase is evolving our Executive Protection program. We are designing a hybrid Full-Time Employee (FTE)/contractor model. As part of this evolution, we seek to onboard an EP Senior Specialist assigned to a specific executive. This role will serve as a Lead Advance for complex travel, including domestic and international destinations, public speaking events, and all other ancillary events. You will create contingency plans, conduct travel risk assessments and liaise with key stakeholders at a variety of venues. You will form collaborative relationships with Coinbase personnel supporting your executive. You will be a master of resourcefulness, with expertise in seamless execution with a knack for making things happen on the fly. Reporting to the EP Program Manager, you will be supported by Coinbase’s in-house Global Security Operations Centers and Protective Intelligence team. You will be empowered to assess the needs of the Principals and apply your experience to support and influence a program that maximizes safety and privacy.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Serve as an Executive Protection Senior, fostering an environment that maximizes Principal privacy
- Perform duties in a discreet operational manner with a focus on Principal privacy
- Travel domestically and internationally
- Serve as Lead Advance for complex travel and large scale events
- Make contingency and logistical plans for complex travel
- Work collaboratively with Executive Assistants, Personal Assistants, Chief of Staff, Estate Staff and Coinbase Protective Intelligence Manager
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 5-7 years of experience, with 3-5 years extensive OCONUS operational experience
- Ability to manage complex logistics and ambiguous situations with little to no impact on Principals
- Understand and demonstrate experience in protection concepts to include: protective intelligence, contingency planning, and counter-surveillance
- Highly resourceful, ability to problem solve in the moment, and stay calm under pressure
- Medical training beyond First Aid and CPR, or willingness to obtain (Paramedic, TCAIR, etc.)
- Soft skills and strong understanding of the customer service side of private sector Executive Protection
- Strong collaborative skills, as this role interfaces with Estate and Corporate Principal staff
- Ability to build equity and earn trust with key stakeholders, and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Willingness to promote a discrete operational coverage model that interfaces with Principal only as needed and understands the expectation to maintain clear professional boundaries
- Subject Matter Expertise in Advance operations
- Tactical driving skills, applied with a chauffeur’s approach
Nice to haves:
- Remote wilderness first aid
- Understanding of EP Protective Intelligence
- Strong administrative skills
- Familiarity with Meet, G Suite, Slack
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $113,900 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.