Executive Director, Kentucky Market at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as an Executive Director in Kentucky
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for an Executive Director to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
We are looking for a Executive Director to lead our VillageMD Kentucky team and market. In this role, you’ll be accountable for the strategy, operations and financial results for the local market MSO. You will also be responsible for building out the team and supporting infrastructure to appropriately serve all providers with the required practice operations support and delivery of analytic, clinical and operational resources and services to enable success in a value-based environment. Supported by a national team to launch the VillageMD model of care locally, you will monitor network performance, removing barriers and developing and implementing strategies that enable provider adoption and success. This individual will identify and develop strategic growth opportunities, partnering with payer, provider and service partners to enhance care delivery and provider support.
How you can make a difference
- Working with VMD executive leadership to develop strategic plan and organizational design to optimize local business operations in accordance with the VMD model
- Building out the required talent and infrastructure to drive the successful implementation and long-term sustainability of the VMD model with a focus on creating a high-performance culture that focuses on execution and service
- End accountability for market performance on growth, financial, quality and operational outcomes
- Maintaining market knowledge of competition; proactively assessing, analyzing and implementing effective responses to new and existing market barriers to growth and adoption
- In conjunction with corporate and local development teams, identify, oversee and execute network and operations growth opportunities
- Developing, maintaining and extending strong relationships with MSO providers and broader community physicians to foster a strong pipeline for service expansion
- Ensuring market accountability to state and national regulatory requirements and organizational strategy, culture and values
- Penetrating the market healthcare community to build collaborative relationships across the continuum of care
- Working closely with market physician leadership to garner support for MSO-related initiatives, soliciting and implementing feedback to improve efficiency and outcomes
Skills for success
- You have high emotional intelligence, the ability to forge meaningful relationships, and can successfully navigate diverse stakeholder groups
- Previous hands-on experience with value-based care initiatives and/or positively influencing quality outcomes is a requirement to lead market success in a new healthcare paradigm
- You have a strong sense of personal accountability for delivering individual and team results
- Experience performing under pressure with a keen sense of urgency, attention to detail, and a commitment to doing what you say you will do
- You have a passion for being hands-on in problem-solving and execution
Experience to drive change
- Significant experience working with an employed primary care medical group in deploying their shift to value-based care
- Strong understanding of and familiarity with the Chicago, Indiana, and Michigan markets' payer and healthcare landscape and players
- Prior history and success leading and managing teams to deliver P+L results
- Significant healthcare leadership experience ideally garnered in a managed care, provider or healthcare services setting
- Prior leadership experience in a large medical group operation preferred
- A depth of knowledge and hands-on experience with operating against value-based arrangements including care management programs and necessary operational infrastructure and programming for managing attributed lives
- Sound understanding of payer relationships and contracts
- Managed care experience is ideal; understands and has negotiated provider agreements with major payers
- Significant experience managing two-sided risk-based payment models with providers and knowledge of how providers are successful in advanced risk-based arrangements
- Great appreciation for the paradigm, workflow and capability changes necessary for primary care physicians to be successful under advanced risk-based arrangements
- You are entrepreneurial and have knowledge and experience with high-growth business environments including ability to roll-up sleeves and dig into the details of the work
- Experience successfully partnering with physicians and their care teams in a patient and provider-centric manner to effect change and improve processes and outcomes
- Ability to quickly gain credibility and establish the required relationships to influence and generate results; can quickly influence market partners to action
- You are comfortable getting into the details of operations to drive execution and can quickly pivot between strategy and operations
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of healthcare financial and operational data and reporting as well as healthcare technology
- Comfortable leading large-scale transformation and change management initiatives
- Can point to success significantly increasing the scale of a managed entity, network of physician groups, or an ACO
- You have strong understanding of the healthcare landscape in Kentucky and are well-networked in the healthcare community
- Demonstrated experience driving results in a high-growth enterprise
- Bachelor’s Degree required
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.