GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Executive Business Administrator's at GitLab toggle seamlessly between various systems including Google Workspace, Slack, Expensify, Zoom and GitLab to accomplish an array of tasks, while staying focused on prioritization and escalating urgent issues. EBA's at GitLab are self-driven, collaborative, and agile team members who are experienced in managing multiple priorities, juggling various responsibilities, and anticipating executives’ needs. EBA's at GitLab pride themselves with being exceptionally organized, relentlessly resourceful, calm under pressure, strategic multi-takser, with a deep love of logistics and ability to thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.What you'll do in this role
- Support members of our Director+ Leadership Team in various timezones
- Manage multiple complex calendar including vetting, prioritizing and providing recommendations
- Make recommendations for your executive with regard to their time management, prioritization, delegation, and organization
- Total travel coordination including air and ground transportation, hotel reservations, security, visas and other travel documentation
- Maintain an efficient flow of information between all levels including internal and external contacts on a wide spectrum of plans and priorities
- File expense reports and track reimbursement status
- Contribute to team meetings and offsites by assisting with the production of materials and pre-reads, taking notes, and tracking action items
- Partner with PeopleOps, IT and Security to resolve any logistical issues
- Assist the full life cycle of recruiting including booking interviews, liaising between the hiring team and the candidate, and coordinating onboarding of new hires
- Maintains and tracks manager and teams project list and goals
- Attend team staff meetings, track agenda and assist Executive to keep team on course
- Schedules, live streams and moderates Group Conversations
- Provide coverage for other EBA's
- Assist with ad hoc projects, events and travel arrangements as needed
- Previous 2+ years of administrative experience at a quickly-scaling or large company
- Successful history of managing the calendars, expenses, and travel of multiple executives
- Extensive technical skills in Google Workspace, Zoom, Slack, and Expensify
- Must be proactive and able to deal with ambiguity, prioritize own work and resources, and juggle multiple tasks in a manner transparent to the team, and work independently to achieve results with a high degree of accuracy
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact autonomously with internal and external partners
- Maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive material with tact and professionalism
- Demonstrated ability to adopt technical tools quickly (i.e. terminal, text editor)
- Possess an ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Superior attention to detail
- Event coordination and creative event planning experience
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience in a start-up environment preferred
- Experience working remotely preferred
- A desire to learn, have fun and work hard
- A passion for GitLab
- A sincere willingness to help out
- Able to work collaboratively with EBA's across the organization
- An orientation towards team success
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Ability to use GitLab
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.Hiring Process
To view the full job description and hiring process, please view our handbook. Additional details about our process can also be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.