Executive Assistant at G2 Ops, Inc. (Hampton Roads, VA)
The Executive Assistant (EA) will provide critical support to the Vice Presidents (VPs) of G2 Ops through exceptional schedule management, organizational and communication skills. The EA will manage professional calendars, draft/write/edit various communications to include letters, memos, e-mails, briefs, report summaries, PowerPoint presentations, etc. for the Vice Presidents. The EA will articulate and deliver critical information, required assignments, and expectations to VPs and senior management along with the ability to follow-up with each in a professional and respectable manner. The EA must exercise excellent judgement in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
Location: Virginia Beach, VA Headquarters Office
Salary: Starting at $40,000/year up to $45,000/year based on qualifications
- Heavy Schedule Management — Schedule and coordinate all travel, meetings, speaking engagements, other appointments, and complete expense reports following company guidelines.
- External Meeting Requirements — Coordinate with external partners and Facility Security Officers to ensure all necessary documentation is submitted or received for external meetings requiring prior authorization.
- Gatekeeping — Shield and divert irrelevant information or situations from the VPs and handle such issues independently or with other senior staff members. Problem solve independently and when appropriate, may suggest an alternate course of action, referral, or response to such issues.
- Light Research & Report Preparation
- Task Management — Prioritize and follow up on issues and concerns relating to set deadlines.
- Training Compliance — Track training requirements for each VP to ensure compliance and provide notification when requirements need renewal.
- Technical Understanding — Develop an increasing understanding of the technical specifications of our product--what we do and how we do it, and then possess the ability to clearly articulate it both orally and in writing.
Required Education/Years of Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Business Management, Leadership, Operations Research, or other related fields.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar/equivalent role.
- Exceptional communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Warm, friendly and professional demeanor.
- Able to uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrates discretion in all matters.
- Exhibits intellectual curiosity regarding the specifics of our industry and specifically, our company.
- Able to understand the VPs communication styles, professional and personal convictions, expectations, and then assist, support, produce and communicate in accordance with those convictions and expectations, always accurately representing the VPs.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office applications.