Executive Assistant at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary purpose of the position:
Responsible for providing administrative support to the assigned department in order to maintain the efficient operation of the department and the administration of a broad range of activities related to the general business operations of the department. Performs a variety of administrative functions, which may be specific to the department assigned.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Maintains a close and highly responsive relationship with the activities of executive management and other members of management in the department.
- Provides administrative support to the assigned department.
- Assists in the preparation, maintenance, and administration of the department budget and other financial reports.
- Responds in executive’s absence to refer requests for action or information to the appropriate staff member if needed, and decides if executive should be notified of important or emergency matters.
- Performs a variety of receptionist duties: escorts visitors, answers, directs, screens, and places telephone calls for the department, assuring that all receive efficient and courteous service. May be required to back up others to ensure telephone coverage.
- Schedules appointments, monitors changes and cancellations, maintains and updates calendars as needed.
- Coordinates meetings, conference calls, and food service as required.
- Orders, replenishes, and maintains office supplies, stationery, business cards, and miscellaneous supplies for the department.
- Sorts, distributes, and sends incoming and outgoing facsimiles and mail. Maintains a timely system and logs as required. May act as key operator for department fax machine(s).
- Originates travel, ground transportation, and accommodation reservations. Maintains logs and acts as a contact point/liaison when needed.
- Responsible for updating the travel and expense reports for senior management.
- Responds to queries or requests from other departments or external sources.
- Makes photocopies and transparencies. May act as key operator for department copier(s).
- Originates and maintains filing system and provides filing and retrieval service, including filing updates in manuals. Pulls old files out of system, clears out, logs, and sends to archives.
- Composes, logs, edits, compiles, calculates, reviews, types, copies, and distributes various reports, forms, contracts, memos, graphs, worksheets, presentations, and correspondence using a computer.
- Cleans out computer files/directories regularly. Updates system defaults and glossary directory with current forms and terms for the department. Includes logging and sending computer files to archives.
Position Requirement & competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school degree level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 3 year(s) minimum
- Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard administrative techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- English language including spelling, grammar, vocabulary, and punctuation
- Office procedures
- Company practices and procedures
- Computerized word processing and spreadsheet programs
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 53,900 - $79,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans