We are looking for an Executive Assistant for our Chief Legal Officer ("CLO"). The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CLO, is a liaison to senior management teams, organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts, and is responsible for assisting with day-to-day operations for the CLO, including calendar management, travel planning and other administrative duties.
What you'll do:
- Assists the CLO with daily administrative duties and completes a broad wide range of administrative tasks that include managing an active calendar of appointments with a distributed team spanning multiple time zones; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; and arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CLO's schedule is followed and respected.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CLO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CLO's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CLO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CLO updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Chief Legal Officer's Leadership Team including assisting in scheduling, attending meetings.
- Works with the Chief Legal Officer's Chief of Staff, assists in coordinating the agenda of CLO's Leadership team meetings. Prepares an account of the meetings and designates and follows up on assigned action items.
- Works with CLO's Executive Support Team to coordinate all hands meetings, as well as team events - in person and virtual.
- Supports the operations and culture of the teams, which includes working with finance and accounting to monitor team morale budgets.
- Partners with the Executive Support Team and key cross-functional stakeholders to establish best practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What we look for...
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years providing support for C-Suite Executives.
- Proficient in G Suite platform.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, senior leaders, partners and external contacts.
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information.
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills.
- Ability to navigate and thrive in an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to deal with conflict as well as give and receive feedback diplomatically.
- Incredibly organized and resourceful; able to juggle and multi-task, with acute attention to detail and follow through.
- Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
Occasional travel may be involved.
Location - Remote U.S.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.