Spruce is the platform enabling modern real estate transactions. We work with forward-thinking mortgage lenders, real estate companies, and investors. We believe that the future of real estate will be driven by automation, efficiency, and digital experiences. Our mission is to provide the products and services necessary to make that happen.
About the Job
Spruce is looking for an experienced Exam Manager to join its growing Examination team. The ideal candidate will have an interest in real estate and will thrive in a fast-paced startup environment. As a part of the Examination team, you will manage and oversee all examiners for refinance, purchase and bulk transactions.
What You'll Do
- Training and support for the team on all steps of the process;
- Building and assisting in documentation of efficient procedures to streamline workflow;
- Results for turn around time and quality for all teams;
- Create a national code book for the examination team;
- Report and educate on quality issues of offshore team;
- Improve title commitment production TAT and quality;
- Train and assist with documentation to increase the depth of knowledge for exam team, including survey readings;
- Build and assist with documentation for the creation of a bulk parent commitments;
- Create a procedure and training for submitting HiLi/OTL requests to all underwriters;
- TINA / Automated Underwriting (Exam) project primary contact for review, confirmation, and directing future logic;
- Communicating in a collaborative manner across the organization’s team leaders to insure positive results for all teams;
- Communicate way that technology can solve pain points in our business processes;
- Exam (reading) experience
- Ability to read a Survey into a title commitment
- Management experience preferred but not required
- Interest in working in a startup environment; being part of creating the tools and processes your team will use
- Comfort managing to fast-paced and flexible business objectives
- Excited to be a representative of Spruce’s values with employees
We are proud of the team we’re building. We're committed to equal opportunity employment -- and beyond. We believe diverse experiences and perspectives build a stronger team and a better product. We welcome fresh perspectives and challenge our own assumptions to make Spruce better. The more inclusive we are as a company, the better we can serve our customers.
Read Full Job Description