Events & Trade Show Advisor II at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing:
You will initiate, manage and execute logistics of marketing events such as potential trade shows, user conferences, customer seminars, special promotions and trade show-related special events, direct mail campaigns, etc. Assist in developing event or trade show marketing strategies.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES• Collaborates with corporate communications, marketing regional managers and business line leaders to ensure cohesive execution of event promotion, messaging and lead-generation.• Manages sub-projects and cross-functional teams to ensure effective collaboration and timely execution of event planning efforts. Escalates issues with urgency to stakeholders.• Communicates effectively with event affiliates from pre-show kickoff through post-show reporting.• Manages all aspects of company events planning, execution and follow-up activities and maintains related calendars and schedules.• Manages on-site event activity and provides required support as needed.
What you bring:
Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
• 2 or more years of experience• Knowledge of project management methods and techniques to ensure the coordination of people (internal clients and external vendors) and processes to achieve desired outcomes• General knowledge of FIS graphical templates supporting company brand identity, consistency., and production of materials• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various s levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors• Proficiency in problem solving and time management skills managing multiple deadlines• Proficiency to operate independently• Builds and maintains productive working relationships throughout the FIS enterprise and with outside vendors• Coordinates and manages project resources, assigned people and processes to achieve desired outcomes
What we offer you:
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- Great work spaces with dedicated and motivated colleagues
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.