Events Security Manager (Global Physical Security & Safety, Security Intelligence) at Chainlink Labs (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:25 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, August 9, 2022
The Events Security Manager (ESM), part of the Global Physical Security & Safety (GPS) team, provides a broad range of support to GPS, plus delivery and enhancement of our physical event security program.
The GPS team is responsible for security programs related to physical security, life safety emergency procedures, travel security, and protective security, among others, in support of Chainlink Labs’ vision and business objectives. The GPS team's primary responsibility is to build and lead the strategy of combining people, processes, and technology to defend the firm against physical threats to infrastructure and personnel.
The GPS fulfills this responsibility by directing the alignment of policies, plans, resources, personnel, training, and program development related to the elements necessary to combat emerging physical threats and to inform executive-level decision-making.
The position is based in the United States and requires travel, interaction with the security and corporate leadership teams, events teams, and other functional leaders, and requires the ability to function as an independent contributor.
The ESM position reports directly to the Head of Global Physical Security & Safety in Security Intelligence.
- Develop customized security plans for large-scale events, as well as smaller private functions
- Implement and present safety and security plans to senior company leadership
- Plan and execute tabletop drills focused on event incident response with all relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure the delivery of high standard, professional security service across the events
- Collaborate proactively with Chainlink Lab’s internal and external events teams in designing and developing physical security operations around functions incorporating all of Chainlink Labs Security Team capabilities
- Maintain compliance with Chainlink Labs Marketing/Comms, Legal and Security requirements in line with Chainlink Labs Policy
- Manage and report incidents, prepare statements and follow up on reports in accordance with Chainlink Labs Policy
- Manage proprietary and contract security personnel, law enforcement operations, customer services, and medical personnel for events
- Conduct and oversee event security assessment programs and leverage external and internal partners for timely threat/risk evaluations and responses
- Support event, marketing, and public relations departments while maintaining security standards
- Manage budget, payment accounts, and balances; initiate correspondence as necessary to ensure timely payment (in accordance with the contracts)
- Produce budget reporting, backup information, and contracts to accounts.
- Minimum of 5 years of event security experience; preferably with experience working in partnership with security and safety organizations as well as event management/planning teams
- Experience managing security operations for a large-scale event or conference (1,000 or more attendees); coordinating with city municipalities as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Experience running or participating in tabletop drill exercises to simulate incident response during an event
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with vendor management and diverse range of services background
- Security and safety training skills, qualifications, or experience
- Experience with live streaming (virtual) events and working with production to stay on schedule
- Experience with project management and working independently
- Experience working with VIP security/Executive Protection teams
- Desire to help build and lead a world-class physical security program from the ground up
- Experience developing security training programs for both internal teams and external partners
- Operational understanding and fluent usage of today’s technology tools across all platforms (Mac, iPad/iPhone, smartwatch, radio, satellite, VPNs, routers etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills, tenacity, and proven ability to drive results in a complex environment and at different hierarchical levels
- Promotes collaboration and exhibits a strong commitment to team success
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Ability to adapt quickly and work successfully with stakeholders of diverse backgrounds including differing geographies and cultures
- Ability to respond and work nights and weekends as required and at times work uninterrupted with a 24/7 availability during protective tasks (includes working long hours without breaks)
- Ability to travel with little notice to support and manage internal and external events
- Demonstrated professional and relevant experience in office management, physical security, risk assessment, and mitigation measures
- Possess a current valid passport and driver’s license
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More Information on Chainlink Labs
Chainlink Labs operates in the Blockchain industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Chainlink Labs was founded in 2014. It has 367 total employees. To see all 40 open jobs at Chainlink Labs, click here.
Read Full Job Description