Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
As an Events and Programming Manager, you will drive planning, content development and execution of our Mod Summit events, in addition to other Mod and superuser-facing event programs. You will work to connect moderators with one another, with their communities, and with Reddit itself, creating moments that feel meaningful and memorable–with a highly global audience in mind.
We are a diverse team that is committed to building an inclusive environment. We’re not perfect, but we listen, admit our mistakes, and evolve. We believe your perspective, skills, passion, and empathy are just as important as degrees or brand names. We encourage applications from all people.
- Drive the planning and execution of all moderator events–in partnership with our Experience team–including creative ideation, vendor sourcing and management, virtual, hybrid and in-person coordination, attendee communications, post-event feedback surveys, etc.
- Build out engaging programming by identifying relevant speakers and session content
- Lead planning meetings, track budgets, and conduct post event measurement and analysis
- Partner directly with our moderators, communities, and internal stakeholders to bring delightful experiences to life
- Ensure all moderator events consider our highly diverse and global audience
What We Can Expect From You:
- 7+ years experience running global consumer-facing event programs (virtual, hybrid and in-person)
- Strong background in developing compelling event content and managing internal and external speakers
- A creative mind that loves generating ideas and trying new things
- Passionate about connecting people and creating meaningful moments
- Comfortable managing and tracking large budgets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail: ability to organize a large volume of information and tasks and manage projects with little oversight
- Experience navigating a highly cross-functional environment with multiple executive-level stakeholders
- Bonus: A love for Reddit and Reddit’s communities
This position can work from anywhere in the US or Canada and will primarily be collaborating with US-based teams.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].