Events Lead - St. Louis, MO at CIC (Cambridge Innovation Center)
| St. Louis, MO
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:49 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, June 8, 2022
CIC St. Louis is looking for a personable and organized individual to manage event coordination operations, foster relationships with the local innovation ecosystem, and support event programs that will benefit our community. This is an exciting, full-time opportunity for someone with 3-5 years of professional experience developing, curating, and leading events and programming in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. The Event Lead will connect our clients, collaborative partners, and the local community to enrich our growing innovation ecosystem.
CIC is a global leader in building and operating innovation communities. Founded in 1999 in Cambridge, MA, CIC is one of the first companies to offer flexible office space and coworking options, providing a platform for the world’s most impactful entrepreneurs to innovate better and faster.
We have locations in Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Philadelphia, Providence, Rotterdam, St. Louis, Warsaw, and Tokyo and are growing into other cities, within the US and abroad. CIC has supported over 6,000 startups, growth companies, and branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, and non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries.
CIC co-founded a number of mission-aligned organizations including Venture Café, CIC’s primary non-profit programming partner, and CIC Health, offering COVID-19 testing services to companies and the public.
We invite you to explore all our openings and learn more about our teams here.
ABOUT CIC ST. LOUIS
CIC St. Louis officially opened its doors in the fall of 2014 and manages over 160,000 sq. ft. across three sites, all located in the burgeoning Cortex district just south of the Central West End.
“The number one draw of CIC St. Louis is that we are essentially a startup and that’s very much how it feels. Our part-timers are often sitting in a room making decisions with the General Manager. Inversely, managers are also cleaning kitchens, loading the dishwasher, and covering concierge. The physical space, too, is really beautiful and really has an effect on people when they’re walking through. They see it and say, ‘This is not a normal office space. Something special is going on here.’”
- Tim Young, Site Leader, CIC St. Louis
ABOUT CIC EVENTS
Events play a critical role in our community by providing entrepreneurs, innovators, and members of our community with an outlet to connect and learn with like-minded individuals. A variety of events occur at CIC, from industry-specific gatherings and startup workshops, to events focused on thought-leadership, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WORK
Manage Operation of CIC Events Program
• Proactively develop and maintain a positive working relationship with CIC clients and partners, facilitating events and gatherings at CIC; including in-person, virtual, and hybrid gatherings.
• Communicate the philosophy of CIC’s events program and explain the parameters for hosting events at CIC.
• Oversee and facilitate all aspects of events hosted at CIC St. Louis. This entails managing event details through the entire process; including screening incoming event requests, providing tours and quotes for event spaces, utilizing event management software, communicating with building management and security, managing insurance requirements, ensuring all event details are clear to the CIC Team and in line with CIC policies, promoting events through CIC’s marketing channels, and managing event follow-up and evaluation. (CIC St. Louis Event Request Form is available here for reference).
• Master the internal events management system (Tripleseat) and support data collection for site-level and global reporting purposes.
• Coordinate with CIC staff teams to schedule and participate in event staffing, setup, and breakdown. Act as a resource to event hosts during the event to generally ensure that the event runs smoothly.
• With direction from the General Manager, maintain an organized annual budget for Events program; responsible for upholding metrics for evaluation.
• Develop objectives and initiatives for CIC’s Events program, collaborating closely with internal CIC teams and key partners; conduct ROI reporting.
• Implement meetings, surveys, and other ways for communicating with, and receiving feedback from, the community about CIC and its initiatives.
• Collaborate with the CIC Community (operations) team to determine internal event planning processes and support.
• Support other members of the CIC St. Louis team, global CIC events team, and others as appropriate or necessary.
Lead Community Engagement & Development
• Assist GM with engagement initiatives and outreach.
• Provide access to resources for CIC clients through collaborative events. Content may include: investment, legal, business scaling, networking, wellness, and social events.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with St. Louis grassroots organizations, nonprofits, universities and educational institutions, technology organizations, corporations, financial institutions, and investment entities to support CIC St. Louis.
• Schedule, implement, and periodically suggest new community-based programs, partnerships, and other engagement initiatives through collaborative events. Integrate engagement work into the CIC community and enlist the support of CIC staff to do so.
• Represent CIC St. Louis as the liaison to strategic partners, including Venture Cafe and Cortex; foster the relationship and actively collaborate on initiatives and projects.
• Serve as the CIC ambassador to Venture Cafe for day-to-day operations, strategic collaboration, and coordination of space. Attend and support day-of event execution for Venture Cafe’s Thursday Night Gatherings.
• Attend non-CIC programs and events to support CIC St. Louis’s brand and to better understand community interests and activities within the innovation and technology sector. Events may be during evenings and weekends.
• Maintain various databases of groups of stakeholders and investors for CIC STL and global resource
• Create mechanisms for internal and external evaluation of engagement initiatives.
• Participate in educational, nonprofit, and resilience work with the City by joining community action groups to represent CIC where applicable.
• Support logistics for CIC Operation Team’s community building events (happy hours, holiday events, networking, pop-up events).
Support Management of Sales Leads and Engagement
• Provide CIC Sales Team support for prospecting sales leads.
• Collaborate with CIC Sales Team for strategic partnerships, events, and programming that can increase revenue.
• Establish systems to evaluate the impact of events to drive business development and make recommendations for CIC St. Louis to share with the CIC network.
• In conjunction with the GM and Sales team, develop relationships with corporations seeking to expand their presence in St. Louis and determine key stakeholders outside of St. Louis that can integrate their work to support CIC and St. Louis.
Support for CIC Marketing:
• Develop close working partnerships with local Sales, Events and Operations teams to help inform local market priorities and in partnership with the local Marketing rep, develop annual local marketing plans informed by global marketing priorities.
• As needed, in collaboration with the Central Marketing team, develop and execute local marketing programs to support lead generation and growth of the business locally, including:
• Creating and publishing content for social media, website, newsletters and partner channels
• Managing local partners, such as creative agency, media buying and PR consultant, to support local campaigns aligned with our Global strategy
• Track and manage performance of all marketing efforts to establish local benchmarks across channels and inform future optimizations and opportunities
• Share best practices and ideas with the Central Marketing team and other local marketing managers across our eight global markets.
Our ideal candidate will be service-minded, reliable, and clever and possess the following characteristics:
• Able to work independently while communicating effectively, both written and verbally, with team members and clients alike. A balanced presence around all people, from clients to guests to colleagues to vendors.
• Personable, happy to help others, and naturally drawn to a very busy, ever evolving environment.
• A collaborative mindset in working with CIC members, partners, and community organizations. We value team-based leadership and often complete projects, events, and long term strategic goals amongst CIC staff, community stakeholders, and partner organizations.
• A commitment to work that they consider “mission” based. They will see their work as an opportunity to make a powerful contribution to a larger effort in the startup, technology, and innovation ecosystem.
• Incredibly detail-oriented and organized with solid time management skills.
• Comfortable with uncertainty and last minute changes, while also being comfortable asking for help. Has a resilient mindset and approach to events and projects that need to be completed even when things don’t go as planned.
• A willingness to perform an array of administrative tasks coupled with an ability to play “backup” to other members of the team.
• An understanding of audio/visual equipment and readiness to develop expertise for new and emerging technologies.
• An understanding of event data tracking systems similar to CRM, Tripleseat, or other tools that measure success and collect event experience feedback.
• Creative eye for design and outreach methods of engagement. Experience with social media and design tools and willingness to expand skill set.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Three to five years of experience coordinating events (experience with social justice, community organizing, or community building strongly preferred).
• Experience in event promotion and engagement strategies, data collection, and collaborative relationships.
• Flexibility to occasionally work evenings and weekends and to attend community events on behalf of CIC St. Louis
• A natural interest in helping and supporting others.
• An interest in a long-term role; we are a growing company, and we like to hire people who can grow with us over the years.
• An understanding of St. Louis and community organizations and engagement is preferred.
If you don't meet all the requirements or qualifications but bring some other unique skills and experience that would be valuable in this role, please apply and highlight those attributes for us in your cover letter.
• Starting compensation is $55,096.
• 100% company paid premium healthcare and dental benefits.
• 100% company paid long and short-term disability, and life insurance.
• 401k matching after the first year of employment (must be 21+).
• Two weeks vacation from the start (more with seniority), plus thirteen paid holidays.
• Annual reviews with raises significantly above the national average every year for those on track with strong performance.
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy and supported. Some of the benefits of being here include:
• Fun people in a dynamic space. We pride ourselves on finding driven and bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CICers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
• Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company.
• Discounted services and memberships on resources to make your life happier/healthier, such as gym memberships, tech and design support, hotel stays, and other fantastic options.
• Access to a garden, a game room, a nursing room, and stunning open concept designs.
• Access to Venture Cafe St Louis, a weekly Thursday gathering involving high-impact programming designed to engage the broader entrepreneurial community.
CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Any other human expressions and experiences not mentioned here are equally welcome. If you require an accommodation please let us know. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
More Information on CIC (Cambridge Innovation Center)
CIC (Cambridge Innovation Center) operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Cambridge, MA, Boston, MA, Philadelphia, PA, St Louis, MO and Miami, FL. CIC (Cambridge Innovation Center) was founded in 1999. It has 229 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 15 open jobs at CIC (Cambridge Innovation Center), click here.
Read Full Job Description