Event Specialist at Paradox (Baltimore, MD)
Are you passionate about planning events people love?
Do you love to see a vision come to life?
Are you looking for a meaningful career at a values-driven tech startup?
At Paradox, we believe when you get the people thing right, you can build teams that can change the world. We're helping organizations around the globe reimagine hiring with our first-of-its-kind recruitment technology. From our virtual AI assistant, Olivia, to our best-in-class hiring assessments, Paradox is laser focused on building world class products and a team that our clients love. Our high-performance culture and triple-digit growth have been recognized on Deloitte's "Fast 500" technology companies, the Inc 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies, and as a Forbes Best Startup Employers. And we're just getting started. We are looking for top performers who have a track record of success and want to build a company and create the future together.
The Marketing team at Paradox is hiring an Event Specialist to help drive brand awareness and connect with new clients. In this role, you will have a direct impact on our business by owning the end-to-end coordination of corporate events and industry trade shows. From pre-event planning to execution and follow-up, you will work alongside internal leaders and teams, external vendors, and clients to deliver a successful event.
Sound like your dream job? We want to hear from you!
As an Event Specialist, you will:
- Drive the end-to-end logistics and administration for Paradox events, trade shows, and meetings with our clients, partners, board members and employees
- Coordinate all aspects of event planning and execution, including: placing orders, monitoring vendors & booth exhibitors, arranging travel and transportation, restaurant reservations, facilitating company attendees, monitoring registration, answering questions and resolving any issues
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, Product, and other internal teams to design exhibits, create campaigns and activations, develop product demos, and coordinate pre- and post-event engagement strategies
- Evaluate ROI and lessons learned after each event
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors and event partners
- Be available to travel and work occasional weekends, as needed
Experience & Skills Required:
- 1+ year of event planning experience (corporate events or weddings is a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple end-to-end projects and tasks at once and meet strict deadlines
- A high attention to detail and disciplined organizational skills
- Ability to think creatively, pivot quickly, and solve problems
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, both written and verbal
- A knack for staying calm under pressure
- Experience with Salesforce, HubSpot, and other marketing technology is a plus, but not required
- Ability to travel 25% to 50% depending on Paradox event schedule
- Available to work occasional weekends to support events, as needed
- Ability to work from one of our Paradox offices is preferred, but we are open to remote for the right candidate
- Authorization to work in the United States
Why you should work at Paradox:
- Work side by side with passionate, purposeful people - Talent is our DNA and we pride ourselves on having the best!
- Ability to make a big impact on a growing organization and drive your own growth
- The opportunity to be part of the team building the next big thing in recruiting technology
- Internal and external professional development, coaching, and continuous education opportunities