Event Coordinator at Qwick (Phoenix, AZ)
Qwick is changing the way people work. We connect food & beverage Professionals who want on-demand work with the businesses that need them through a technology-driven, app-based staffing platform. Our unique matching algorithm pairs top-rated, high quality Professionals with shifts that match their skillset. If you're eager to make a difference in the gig economy, love what you do, and lead with empathy and transparency, we would like to hear from you!
Our cultural values are an important part of who we are and what we're building:
- Free to be us - We embrace diversity within mindsets, ideas, race, culture, background, and the things that make us uniquely us.
- Hustle responsibly - We work hard and we make time to rest and play in order to stay our best.
- Stand up for what's right - We don’t just do the right thing, but we hold others accountable to act with integrity as well.
- We are human - We act with compassion to take care of ourselves, our team, our families, our Business Partners, and our Professionals.
- Constantly curious - We seek knowledge from within and outside of Qwick and are continually learning through our successes and challenges.
- Never give up - We welcome change, celebrate failure, and always keep moving forward.
Do you enjoy turning big ideas into real-life experiences and events that form lasting relationships? Love flexing your creative muscles to create unique experiences that leave guests wowed?
We are seeking a detail-oriented, creative and logistics-savvy event marketer to support the hyper-rapid growth of Qwick. This position requires a hands-on individual with experience in event production. Working from our Phoenix, AZ or Chicago, IL office as a member of the Growth team, you’ll collaborate with colleagues throughout the company, as well as external partners to produce events and experiential campaigns. This role is a great opportunity to continue to hone your skills in a thriving, startup atmosphere and work collaboratively as an important member of the Growth team. If this sounds like fun, keep reading!
Functions of the Role
- Managing the planning and execution of successful experiential marketing campaigns and initiatives relating to events and sponsorships
- Working in a feedback-driven environment that is constantly looking to improve by partnering with our Experiential Marketing Manager to influence and execute the event marketing strategy
- Coordinating event logistics, including invite management and guest lists, contract negotiations, vendor selection, branded merchandise, etc.
- Supporting in-person marketing activations from ideation to execution including onsite management for events ranging from networking receptions and launch events to large-scale conferences and trade show activations
- Interfacing with external partners and vendors on sponsorship opportunities, partnerships and affiliate relationships
- Researching, negotiating and contracting vendors based on creativity, quality and costs across all of Qwick’s markets
- Working cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders
- Participating in team brainstorms to support the planning of upcoming events and campaigns
- Creating, managing, and tracking contracts and payments and internal event budgets
- Remaining fluent in industry trends
Requirements and Qualifications
- BA or 2-3 years of applicable work experience
- 2-4 years experience working on a marketing or event team to successfully produce events, specifically those with a focus on sales & advertising, consumer-facing, and/or experiential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with high emotional intelligence
- Structured problem-solving and project management skills; along with key attention to detail
- Perform well under pressure and in high-stress environments
- Strong work ethic and ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Located in Phoenix preferred
- Willing to travel as needed (estimated 10-15%)
Full-Time Employee Benefits Include:
- Competitive pay + Employee Stock Option plan
- Work from home flexibility
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance + 401k
- Unlimited paid time off
- Paid family leave
- Employee support resources
- Short- and long-term disability benefits
Qwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.