CNA seeks to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees that helps them - and their family members - achieve their physical, financial, emotional and social wellbeing goals.
For a detailed look at CNA's benefits, check out our Candidate's Guide .
Individual contributor responsible for the overall risk control assessment, evaluation, consulting and technical support on complex issues/assignments. Recognized as a technical expert in a product line of class of business specialty. Under general management direction, works within broad limits of authority requiring a high degree of technical complexity and coordination. May have regional, industry segment or company-wide scope.
Description - External
Join CNA as an Equipment Breakdown Risk Control Consultant, and be part of an industry-leading provider of risk control services.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an Equipment Breakdown Risk Control Consultantto join our team.
Qualified candidates will possess a National Board Commission for inspecting boilers and pressure vessels from the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors.
Work from home (office) available. Company car is provided. Valid driver's license and a good driving record is required.
Under broad supervision, the Specialist's primary focus will include: Jurisdictional Inspections, Risk Control Assessments, Consultative Services, Incident Investigations along with Technical Support and Training for prospective, new and renewal business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Responsible for risk evaluations, consultative risk improvement services and boiler & pressure vessel jurisdictional inspections.
2. Works with senior risk control staff to assess program needs and implements customized strategies.
3. Partners with underwriting and other areas to provide information for risk evaluation and assessment. Includes reviewing accounts for operational issues, claims, profitability, agency management, etc..
4. Performs root cause loss analysis with rating and trending of losses for key accounts.
5. Develops and maintains business relationships with internal and external business partners.
6. Conducts education and training programs.
7. May identify opportunities for new products and services.
8. May provide expertise in one or more specialty areas.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Manager or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Must be capable of delivering quality Equipment Breakdown Risk Control services for light, medium and heavy industries.
2. Solid technical and product specific expertise, risk control evaluation and assessment skills and knowledge of insurance and risk control principles, practices and procedures.
3. Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external business partners.
4. Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple concurrent assignments.
5. Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and issues.
6. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
7. Ability to work independently.
8. Ability to exercise independent judgment and make critical business decisions effectively.
9. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other business-related software.
10. Ability and willingness to travel extensively.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Typically a minimum three to five years risk control experience with proven track record of results.
Must possess a National Board of Boiler & Pressure Vessel Inspectors Commission.
Broad knowledge of Equipment Breakdown Insurance Risk Control required.
CNA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the recruitment process. To request an accommodation, please contact [email protected] .