Entrepreneur in Residence at Jenzabar (Remote)
For over four decades, the higher education experts at Jenzabar have been helping colleges and universities across the world thrive through multiple services. The Jenzabar culture is one that fosters an entrepreneurial environment, where employees are encouraged to be creative, work hard, and have a great time while doing so. We believe in open doors, asking tough questions, respecting each other, and surpassing our clients’ expectations every step of the way. It’s an enjoyable place to be, with casual dress and a relaxed atmosphere.
We believe everyone is a masterpiece with great work to do on Earth. Jenzabar’s mission is to create pathways to empower all to know who they are, what work they are destined to do, and how they can unlock their full potential – at home, at work, and in the world!
We are seeking an Entrepreneur in Residence to build new innovation concepts within Sapphire Labs, Jenzabar’s incubator. These concepts will ideally develop into their own Lines of Business or businesses within the Jenzabar umbrella. This role owns the creation of new innovative edtech businesses, from concept to execution, with the support of the Incubator service team and partnership of VP of Strategy & Innovation.
- Build out high-potential concepts from start to scale, including business plans and developing MVP’s
- Adjust the business model to incorporate the learnings from the MVP; continually test and refine to optimize concepts and their go to market plans
- Develop the sales pipeline, generate business development and execute on sales
- Build financial projections, organizational structure and hiring plan
- Pitch the new business to Jenzabar leadership for further investment (internal and potentially external)
- 10 to 12+ years’ experience as an early stage startup entrepreneur, in management consulting, or as a startup advisor
- Must have proven track record and experience in edtech and/or HR tech industries in the US
- Ambitious, scrappy leader who has the ability to get things done with scarce resources, work independently, and proactively figure out how to turn big ideas into reality
- Effective networker and collaborator who develops strong relationships with internal teams and leaders
- Thoughtful decision maker, driven by data and a willingness to test & learn
- Bias for action and a focus on results, with the ability to prioritize multiple ongoing projects
- Analytical capabilities, e.g., scenario modeling, ROI
- Hunger to learn about and understand complex business problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Design Thinking for new concept generation preferred
- MBA preferred
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, 12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K, Educational Assistance
Jenzabar does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetics, genetic markers and carrier status, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by state and federal laws.
Please Note: Jenzabar does not sponsor applicants for work visas.