Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
SoFi is seeking an energetic, detailed oriented, self-motivated, organized Enterprise Risk Management professional to join our team. This role is responsible for supporting the ongoing development of Enterprise Risk Management programs, tools, and standards to analyze and monitor risks within risk appetite. Ensures policies and procedures are in compliance with applicable regulations and the strategic priorities of the company. This role will partner with key stakeholders and other risk program owners to facilitate the identification of risks, ensure control gaps are addressed through the enterprise issue management and risk remediation program and develop management and committee level reporting materials. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced environment, be an agile learner and leader, have the capacity to think strategically and act tactically to implement solutions.
By joining SoFi, you'll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services for the better. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of an industry leading leadership team.
What you’ll do:
Responsibilities include a variety of activities across ERM governance programs, but not limited to the following:
- Further mature the quality assurance standards and execute regular reviews of the ERM Framework to ensure consistent and effective adherence to regulatory and industry standards
- Gather expert knowledge of the evolving Enterprise Risk Management regulatory and industry operating environment to inform the design of SoFi's governance mechanisms
- Support the development, implementation, and ongoing management of SoFi’s risk management framework including risk governance, risk identification, risk appetite, issue management/risk remediation, operational loss reporting, facilitating scenario analysis
- Conduct Policy and Procedure inventory reviews, drive the creation of missing documents or the update of stale documents, ensuring proper review and approval
- Support the development and maintenance of enterprise risk management policies, procedures, and standards.
- Maintain the further development of governance tools and methodologies.
- Manage firm-wide Enterprise Risk Management training from creation through delivery to ensure consistency, drive risk governance program adoption and promote a strong risk management culture.
- Partner with risk owners in the identification and development of key risks
- Provide guidance in the development and mapping of effective controls to mitigate risks
- Partner with other business area(s) and control functions to ensure risks and issue resolution stemming from operation process breakpoints, including determination of root cause, assess impact (including operational loss reporting) and accompanying corrective actions are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist in the recommendation of action plans to address control or policy gaps and monitor status of action plans until implemented
- Document and enhance the strategy and orchestration of governance committee meetings, including designing the agenda and preparing materials
- Assist in the preparation of reporting and risk committee meeting materials, minutes and action items
- Lead special projects, risk management assessments and deep dive risk assessments across risk verticals.
- Promote risk management across the organization by taking a key role in related projects.
- Support the development of the enterprise’s Governance Risk Compliance (GRC) system and assist with the buildout of the system’s capabilities.
- Coordinate and support regulatory exams that impact ERM
- Design and manage governance reports that highlight implementation gaps and drive decision making on a risk based approach
- Lead, and manage updates to, the enterprise risk dashboard
- Coordinate and support regulatory reporting obligations
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in second line of defense Enterprise/Operational risk and governance roles
- Experience in banking and/or fintech industry
- Exceptional data visualization skills
- Experience mapping complex processes and identifying control points
- Knowledge of banking products, processes and regulations
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Experience with GRC systems
- Well organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks and competing priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to change; comfortable dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Excellent critical and creative thinking, decision-making and innovative problem-solving skills
- Team Player
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; capable of writing documentation, and interacting positively with management and colleagues
- Robust knowledge and experience in evaluating operational processes and controls
Nice to have:
- Experience supporting Scenario Analysis
- Tableau data visualization and analysis
- Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- Multi-lingual (Spanish)
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program