Enterprise Communication Manager - Global Jordan at Nike, Inc. (Portland, OR)
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Soul, performance and style take flight at Jordan Brand. With its deep roots in basketball, the Jordan Brand began as an homage to one player: Michael Jordan. Since then, Jordan has become synonymous with peak performance and an endless pursuit of greatness. Employees in merchandising, product branding, sports marketing and sales bring creativity, innovation and audacious design to footwear and apparel, all with one mission in mind: help athletes fly on and off the court.
Soul, performance and style take flight at Jordan Brand. With its deep roots in basketball, the Jordan Brand began as an homage to one player: Michael Jordan. Since then, Jordan has become synonymous with peak performance and an endless pursuit of greatness.
The Jordan Brand Global Communications team builds global narratives, drive influence, and lead culture by carving new spaces to invent new storytelling approaches. Our Communications team thrives because of our deep, authentic connections to communities that have shaped Jordan Brand - the global basketball family, Black Culture, fashion, music and art.
We are a team of optimists, dreamers and inventors. But most of all, we're in love with the art of a cool story. We are culturally curious and plugged into emerging conversations that matter most to our consumer. We are not afraid to go against the status quo to create unexpected connections and meaningful moments for Jordan Brand. We are community minded and purpose driven. We are working to drive new conversations, envision bigger possibilities, drive influence and deliver new levels of creative thinking to advance the Jordan Brand narrative around the world.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are searching for an experienced Communications Manager to join our team based at the Nike WHQ in Beaverton, OR.
You will support enterprise communications for Jordan Brand. You will have strong strategic instincts, with an ability to execute flawlessly. You have a proven track record of taking story ideas further to create surprising moments, experiences and activations. You have experience building communications strategies around purpose and community that complement brand moments. You are experienced with social media and can leverage that expertise to build strong engagement. You have been consistently responsible for integrating communications plans with key stakeholders to build trust and positive working relationships internally. Your connection to basketball culture and the Black Community is authentic, and part of how you experience the world as a global citizen.
We're looking for an experienced communications manager who has a truly diverse communications skillset to be part of our team!
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
The role of the Enterprise Communications team is to build brand equity and enhance corporate reputation by engaging a wide range of audiences that include as consumers, media, athletes, investors, non-governmental organizations - and Jordan Brands own employees!
Reporting to the Senior Director, Global Communications, key responsibilities include:
- Managing external issues related to Jordan Brand corporate reputation, working in close partnership with the Nike Intelligence Center, and agency partners.
- Develop pro-active plans that help to reframe key narratives and enhance the perception of Jordan Brand and it's leadership team.
- Continuing to develop Jordan Brand's growth narrative, as a key driver of growth for the enterprise.
- Find innovative ways to storytell around the global growth of Jumpman doors, working with the Direct and Marketplace teams to develop messaging and winning strategies.
- Manage the day-to-day function of our agency partnerships.
- Build seasonal and annual editorial plans that highlight priority themes around growth.
- Lead and execute strategies to engage Jordan Brand leader voices using traditional, digital and social media platforms with a focus on craft and compelling storytelling.
- Creating executive briefing documents and talking points for a variety of engagements (internal and external).
- Build strategic, integrated communications plans with Nike, Inc communications counterparts.
- Support employee communications as needed (All Hands meetings, Leadership Engagement moments)
- Work in partnership with the Purpose Communications Director to bring Jordan Brand's purpose to life both internally and externally.
- Collaborating with key internal stakeholders in a highly matrixed environment.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
As part of the Global Communications team for Jordan Brand, you'll work closely with enterprise communications, strategy, and Brand teams, as well as connecting back with key partners on the Nike, Inc Enterprise Communications team.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Enterprise Communications and Employee Experience, based at the Nike WHQ in Beaverton, OR.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, PR, English, Humanities, Sociology, Psychology, Communications, or equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
- 5+ years professional experience in high profile corporate, agency, and/ or public relations roles supporting global brands with a strong preference for an emphasis on culture and sport.
- 2 additional years of experience required
- Culturally curious and hyper connected - allows you to constantly be seeking new storytelling opportunities
- Natural ability to form relationships
- Comfortable with public speaking and making large group presentations
- Proficient with messaging and materials - particularly adept at writing, flexible in various formats
- Optimistic and solutions oriented
- Comfortable trying new approaches and strong professional agility
- Genuine interest and passion for leveraging communications to build a strong employee culture
- Background and experience working in footwear and apparel industry is beneficial but not essential
- Strong awareness and understanding of the cultural relevance of Jordan Brand and a personal connection to sneaker and/or basketball culture
- Proficiency in a second language is beneficial
- Proficiency in all digital social media platforms a must, i.e. Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, TikTok etc.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.