Engineering Staff Technical Program Manager, Federal (Remote Eligible) at Okta
As a Staff Technical Program Manager, Federal in the Engineering Infrastructure & Security TPM Team - with a focus on our Federal customers and market, you will be in a leadership position within the Engineering organization. You will partner with various groups across Engineering, Security & Compliance, Customer First, and Product Management to build and deliver key initiatives in support of the Federal Program. You will be the point person for clarifying strategic level goals and outlining the execution plans to achieve them. You will work within and across scrum teams to prioritize and execute on key objectives. Employing both a strategic and tactical approach is a requirement in this role. You will not only have strong TPM experience, but also experience implementing security and compliance efforts within Engineering or Infrastructure process development and implementation in a SaaS and agile environment.
*This position requires the ability to access Impact Level 4 (IL4) data, as defined by the Department of Defense (DoD) Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide. As a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate must be able to submit documentation establishing U.S. Person status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee. 22 CFR 120.15) upon hire.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Structure, kick-off, and run continuous and/or time-bound Federal initiatives within and beyond the Engineering organization - clarifying priorities, enabling the execution of deliverables, defining program process flows, and providing continuous transparency.
- Project manage Federal initiatives within and beyond Engineering, across multiple teams; taking a hands-on and proactive approach to unblock progress, introduce efficiencies, and provide workflow solutions.
- Champion the adoption of agile best practices within the Federal Program.
- Build and maintain alignment across multiple teams for keeping a focus on execution, continuous improvement, and operational excellence.
- Lead the introduction of new processes / workflows in support of our Federal business, by bringing proposed solutions to the teams and rolling them out in an iterative manner.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks - by having close involvement with teams’ goals and challenges, applying past experience, and keeping in mind the big picture.
- Provide clear and crisp transparency to the status and progress of Federal initiatives.
- US Person Status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee)
- Minimum 3 years of technical program management experience in a SaaS product development environment – kicking off and managing cross-organizational programs
- Minimum 3 years of technical project management experience in a SaaS product development environment – working hand-in-hand with Engineers to deliver
- Experience with delivering FedRAMP, IL, or other compliance or security initiatives within Engineering organizations preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication; experience effectively communicating and presenting to teams located across different locations and people ranging from individual team members to C-level executives.
- Strong leadership skills; able to successfully influence without authority
- Strong technical aptitude/affinity; experience working directly with software, test and/or system engineers
- Self-starter; able to work well in an ambiguous and constantly changing, fast paced environment
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Training in Agile and Scrum
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.