Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
Motive's Enablement Team plays a critical role in the strategic implementation of key business initiatives. Every team member has a crucial part in helping us fulfill our mission: To ensure that new and existing frontline team members are equipped with the information and skills they need to thrive in their roles. This is especially true in the fast-paced and dynamic environment of our New Products team.
Enablement Business Partners report to the Director of Enablement and are accountable for Enablement initiatives for their respective segments (SDR, MM/ENT, Commercial, SMB, Customer Success, New Products). Supporting the New Products initiative means you will monitor/analyze rep performance, diagnose root causes, and manage the execution of training to address performance gaps across multiple departments - Sales, Customer Onboarding and Customer Support. Your ability to collaborate cross-departmentally and aid in establishing a new pillar of the Motive solution will be pivotal to its success as a long-term differentiation strategy. This role demands an individual who embraces challenges, is highly motivated and thrives in ambiguous environments.
You will work with our Instructional Design Team and Onboarding, supplementing and guiding their efforts as needed to ensure OKRs are achieved and the performance of reps in your segment is meeting or exceeding expectations.
Success criteria for this role include but are not limited to rep performance improvement (based on before/after evaluations), ramp time evaluations (for onboarding), and stakeholder/trainee satisfaction surveys.
Learn more about our work culture and team members on this profile of our team here.
- Build and nurture strong relationships with Sales, Customer Onboarding & Support leads and stakeholders to ensure training content, methodologies and materials exceed their needs
- Act as a unifying partner between Sales, Product, Customer Onboarding and Support to identify crucial areas of process improvement and enablement that lead to accelerated growth
- Aid in the establishment of a cohesive and robust set of training materials that lay the foundation for future scale and onboarding needs in multiple departments across the organization
- Source and continually monitor multiple sources of performance data (existing dashboards, interviews, focus groups, team meetings, etc.) to skillfully identify performance gaps
- Design optimal learning experiences, using sound adult learning theory and strong learning objectives while catering to various learning styles
- Be a thought leader with stakeholders (all levels, reps through managers) on relevant departments’ best practices and with Enablement on L&D and/or Instructional Design
- Design, build out and evaluate onboarding program for new Sales team members
- Define Metrics: For Onboarding, establish ramp-up metrics & benchmarks, for Ongoing, define metrics we will use to measure impact (before/after comparisons or Correlation of attainment)
- Coach Sales, Onboarding and Support managers and reps to optimize their agents’ performance
- 5+ years of progressive experience in sales (including some management) and/or Enablement, L&D or Training roles in a high growth, B2B, SaaS organization
- Excellent communicator, presenter, facilitator, coach, and influencer
- Verifiably successful experience in Sales or Business Development
- Strong Analytical skills, ability to pull reporting and visualize data
- Demonstrated ability to lead through ambiguity and actively build solutions for gaps that are slowing or blocking our ability to achieve results
- Expert ability to build relationships, influence, and promote a work environment focused on team development and constant coaching
- Expertise in ADDIE, Kirkpatrick’s evaluation model, Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, Bloom’s Taxonomy, and other adult learning theory
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.