Electromagnetics Simulation Specialist at Rand Worldwide (Jacksonville, FL)
We are looking for an electronics engineer who is an electronics design automation (EDA) simulation specialist with knowledge of ANSYS electromagnetics software packages. Rand Simulation, a division of Rand Worldwide, is a leading provider of ANSYS CAE solutions and engineering simulation consulting services.Job Description
What will you be responsible for?
The Rand Simulation business model leverages a collaborative approach, which combines the analysis expertise of our simulation experts with the design expertise of our clients. Whether in a consulting or software sales/support capacity, our goal as the simulation experts is to serve as an extension of our client’s team to empower impactful performance insight through simulation to drive informed design decisions.
You will be responsible for leveraging advanced-level engineering knowledge and relationships to support Rand SIM’s account managers with significant impact on revenue goals, as well as for helping customers to solve complex engineering problems using ANSYS software products.
- Provide technical pre-sales support throughout the entire sales process in the form of customer meetings, product presentations, ANSYS demonstrations and software evaluations.
- Interface with Rand Simulation sales and business development teams on ANSYS software and simulation consulting opportunities to provide technical guidance, credibility and subject matter expertise.
- Analyze prospect and customer technical needs, requirements, infrastructure, operations and engineering workflows to ensure an application fit and create/demonstration recommended simulation solutions.
- Articulate ANSYS’ value proposition primarily around electromagnetics solutions but may encompass its entire suite of products.
- Occasionally provide ANSYS training (basic and customized), mentoring, account follow-up and technical support to assist clients in the adoption and ROI of their ANSYS technology investment.
- Act as lead on specific consulting projects with responsibility of running simulations for clients, leading design review meetings, interpreting results and suggesting recommended design modifications based on simulation findings and electronics design knowledge.
- Stay up-to-date with ANSYS platforms and expanding knowledge of ANSYS tools through trainings and self-guided education.
Who are we looking for?
- M.S. or PhD in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline with emphasis on motor design and/or power electronics
- 3 years + of experience in an engineering software environment
- 3 years + of industrial and design experience related to motor design, generator design, power electronics, and/or bus bar design
- A solid understanding of the basic electronic principles of
- Demonstrated proficiency with ANSYS electronics simulation software – Maxwell, RMexpert, PExpert, and/or Motorcad
- Demonstrated proficiency in Ansys Spaceclaim
- Strong interpersonal and communication and organizational skills s with the ability to facilitate and conduct webinars and presentations to customers
- Strong business acumen, problem solving, and presentation skills with the ability to relate to clients at all levels
- A passion for personal technical excellence and high performance
- A self-starter and motivator with an engaging personality and strong energy
- Ability to manage time effectively while balancing multiple activities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work diligently alone when needed, but knows when to seek help
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
Are you up for a new challenge? Join Rand Simulation now!
Visit us at rand.com and randsim.com for more information.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those applicants who are to be considered will be contacted. Must be authorized to work in the U.S for any employer without company sponsorship.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity! We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and do not discriminate based on disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state, provincial or local laws.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process, we will work with you to meet your needs.