Distribution Manager at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future. Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management. But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business. Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Distribution Manager in Louisville offers an exciting opportunity to run the full-service printing, packing, and distribution for our client's payroll needs. This role offers the autonomy of being the leader at this DC but having a support system to help grow your career and truly partner with to ensure the DC's overall success. The Distribution Manager will manage the day-to-day workload while proactively responding to increases in client count, payroll files and payroll packages shipped by making recommendations to the Senior Manager of Distribution. This isn't your typical distribution center though! It is a climate controlled, a Monday-Friday operation, with no overnights or weekends which offers great work life balance. Paylocity is a great place to work and we are looking for a leader that can continue to cultivate our award-winning culture
Don't have payroll printing experience? - Don't worry! We know this is a niche area, so we offer great training to get you up to speed and give you all the tools to be successful in this role.
Do you want to feel like a business owner, but have a great company and culture behind you? Do you enjoy leading and mentoring a team? Are you looking to grow your career at a great company that supports and invests in their employees? If so, this is the role for you!
Location: 3600 Chamberlain Lane, Suite 148, Louisville, KY 40241
Reports To: Senior Manager, Distribution
- Interview and hire qualified staff, capable of delivering high quality work on compressed timelines. Develop and deploy an effective training program to increase proficiency with processes and running printers, sealers, and inserters.
- Provide training and exposure for staff to all Paylocity operations and the interactions between Distribution and other departments.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, training, and develop team members for career progression and learning.
- Responsible for the overall safety, quality, performance, and overall experience meeting PCTY client's distribution needs.
- Provide development opportunities to staff via training and special projects. Develop and maintain monitored action plans for staff as necessary.
- Lead and coordinate the production daily activities of a print center to manage staff and ensure clean, orderly, and safe working environment.
- Interface with suppliers of mission critical resources such as check stock, printers, finishing devices and shipping services. Ensure that Paylocity's best interests are represented in each interaction with a supplier. Maintain inventory levels through inventory tracking controls.
- Ensure the nightly audit is done accurately and thoroughly and corrective action taken on issues identified on the audit.
- Respond expediently to e-mails and CRM inquiries for any quality defects and remediate the issue. Determine root cause and put actions in place to address the issue. Assist CS teams with tracking and delivery issues.
- Ability to develop and share best practices across Distribution print centers.
- Ensure staff is available to produce and ship payrolls during severe weather or company functions when the rest of Paylocity staff is remote or has been sent home.
- Responsible for high service level (99.8%) and other weekly KPI goals are met.
- Responsible for compliance and assisting in the SOC audit process.
- Assist the Senior Manager with budgeting, forecasting, strategic planning, and ad hoc projects.
- Schedule flexibility to be able to meet the needs of the business especially during Peak shipping and during Year End.
- High School Diploma required.
- Previous production experience of at least 2+ years leading a team.
- Familiarity with payroll processing applications, Microsoft programs. Experienced with SOC2 and ISO27001 compliance.
- Experience managing suppliers and critical production equipment.
- Industry experience in digital print and fulfillment or payroll production, in a tightly controlled, audited environment.
- Experience managing teams.
- Experienced in conflict resolution and team building.
- Experience with staff development.
- Experience with process improvement or six sigma initiatives.
- Ability to motivate and lead in a team environment driving for desired results.
- Accountable for his/her actions as well as the actions of the Distribution team they will be leading.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Strong Microsoft excel skills are preferred.
- Team Player, collaborating with others to make awesome happen
- Self-Motivated - you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable - quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
- Highly Organized - detail-oriented is your thing!
- MS Office applications - are no sweat when it comes to your skillset
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives